cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Pathway X2

Kenc_AL
Explorer
Explorer
Bought myself a Pathway X2 for Christmas. Did a dry run in my driveway. After reading the instructions which were very easy, you hook up coax, basically sit on pretty level space and point wires toward north. Eight minutes after power up, I was watching HD TV on all sats!

Very very pleased with this dish.
19 REPLIES 19

Gulfcoast
Explorer
Explorer
I see the Pathway has a two-year parts, one-year labor warranty. Free parts for an extra year is nice.
RV'ing since 1960
Dodge Cummins Diesel
Mega Cab
Jayco Travel Trailer

Fred_n_Jo
Explorer
Explorer
We have used a Tailgater for the past two years and like it except for one feature and that is when you change channels to one on a different bird it takes 2-3 minutes of blue screen to get there, sometimes longer. I just got the Pathway X2 and the same channel change takes only a couple of seconds. I don't plan to be out camping when there is a possibility of freezing rain and the Pathway is a full 18" dish.
2017 Host Rainier Truck Camper
2015 F450 Lariat 6.7L PSD CC 4x4

our places camped Map

our rig ready to roll

lryrob9301
Explorer
Explorer
Gulfcoast wrote:
Got a link to Stagg-Parkway's Atlanta warehouse?

Stag-Parkway is the world's largest RV parts and accessories Wholesaler. They do not sell directly to the consumer. You would have to order and pay for the antenna from PPL. They then forward the order to Stag-Parkway for shipment directly to you. That's how most all of the retail online RV parts websites operate.

ron64gc
Explorer
Explorer
I can see this antenna becoming immobile in freezing rain or snow build up in the rotation area of antenna when changing to channels on different sat. All motion is covered with tailgater..

Gulfcoast
Explorer
Explorer
Got a link to Stagg-Parkway's Atlanta warehouse?
RV'ing since 1960
Dodge Cummins Diesel
Mega Cab
Jayco Travel Trailer

lryrob9301
Explorer
Explorer
Gulfcoast wrote:
That's about $426 with three day shipping... saves about $10.

Actually it's $409.98 with order fulfillment by Stagg-Parkway's Atlanta warehouse, so maybe 2 day shipping with $26 savings.

Gulfcoast
Explorer
Explorer
That's about $426 with three day shipping... saves about $10.
RV'ing since 1960
Dodge Cummins Diesel
Mega Cab
Jayco Travel Trailer

lryrob9301
Explorer
Explorer
Gulfcoast wrote:
Amazon has the Pathway x2 for $436 with free shipping... if you see a better price, let us all know.

Here you go:

Pathway x2 $399.99

Gulfcoast
Explorer
Explorer
Amazon has the Pathway x2 for $436 with free shipping... if you see a better price, let us all know.
RV'ing since 1960
Dodge Cummins Diesel
Mega Cab
Jayco Travel Trailer

Kenc_AL
Explorer
Explorer
myway2rv wrote:
Nice! I just started looking into getting a portable and I was looking at the tailgater vs. this Pathway unit.
Are you using Diect or Dish?
How critical is the leveling? Wondering if I should get a stand.
Did you buy from an online source or from the sat company?
Hope you enjoy it. :)Thanks

This unit is good only for Dish. I did not buy a stand and it withstood the 40 MPH artic front when it blew through Alabama last night. Where we are camped now is 17 degrees and we are watching ESPN in full HD on the unit.

This unit is a little larger than tailgater, should result in less rain fade. It also will allow you two hookups rather than one.

Kenc_AL
Explorer
Explorer
K Charles wrote:
I want one but 400 bucks for something that I don't need is a lot of money. The portable dish that I have could break and then I might need one. Where did you get it?

Amazon had the best price on the day I ordered plus free shipping to boot. Camping World was higher.

johnhicks
Explorer
Explorer
Our Tailater died and we got an X2 about a month and a half ago; we've been in five CGs since and we've been able to use the tv every day because of the ability to use eastern and western arc. It makes a huge difference to be able to point in a radically different direction when the birds are blocked by trees.

Compared to the Tailgater the X2 is somewhat cumbersome. It's a big beachball but at least it has a handle.
-jbh-

ADAD437
Explorer
Explorer
I just posted about my pathway last week, now that i have it working we love it. FULLY AUTOMATIC.

James,Gail & Pancho
2005 georgie boy Pursuit

๐Ÿ˜›

myway2rv
Explorer
Explorer
lryrob9301 wrote:
myway2rv wrote:
Nice! I just started looking into getting a portable and I was looking at the tailgater vs. this Pathway unit.
Are you using Diect or Dish?

The Tailgater and the Pathway X2 will ONLY work with DISH Network. The big difference is the Tailgater will only receive DISH Western Arc satellites 110-119-129. The Pathway X 2 will receive DISH Eastern Arc 61.5-72.7-77 AND DISH Western Arc satellites.

From my very brief review of these 2 systems, I am leaning toward the Pathway X2.
1. A slightly larger antenna. More is better I suppose.
2. Ability to read Eastern Arc birds. Not sure if this is a big deal as most tailgater reviews seem to make no mention of this as a desired feature
3. Having a second sat signal feed may be useful. I do recognize the limitation of the antenna as it looks at one satellite at a time.

Can't wait for warmer weather!
2005 Jayco 30 GS