cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Printing From CW Internet site

jdog
Explorer
Explorer
So many times I have asked CW parts people for an item that the CW Internet site says that particular CW has that part in stock and then being told no. When I try to print out a copy of that part from the CW Internet site that says what CW store has it in stock, the site will not let me print. WHY? I am tired of standing there trying to convince the counter person that the CW Internet site said they have it in stock. That person will say the CW Internet Site does not have anything to do with the CW stores. They are different businesses. Really?
12 REPLIES 12

mileshuff
Explorer
Explorer
I think the point is that if a website as a local store inventory checker then there is an expectation that is is at least fairly accurate. Driving across town only to find the store doesn't have and hasn't had the item in weeks is frustrating. If it doesn't work, then the stock checker feature should be fixed or taken off the website.
2014 Winnebago 26FWRKS 5th Wheel
2007.5 Dodge 2500 6.7L Diesel
2004 Dodge Durango Hemi 3.55 (Used to tow TT)

Ron8877
Explorer
Explorer
You can bring up anything you want on the Internet but just because the Internet says that the store hasn't in stock that doesn't make it true. If a computer says something is there but it isn't arguing that the computer says it is there isn't going to make it appear. Every company has this problem as no system is perfect .
Ron
Ron & Ali Workentin
www.ali1257.blogspot.com

wbwood
Explorer
Explorer
If you have a smart phone or tablet, just pull it up there at the store and show them.
Brian
2013 Thor Chateau 31L

Good_Sam_Care_T
Explorer
Explorer
jdog,

Thank you for your time and post. Very sorry for all the problems you are having. I would like to see if I could help in this matter. If you are able could you please send me a PM with the part numbers and a good contact number for you. Or if you would like you can also call Camping World at 800-626-5944 and a sales agent would be happy to help.

Mark F
Marcus' Rapid Response Team
goodsamcs@goodsamfamily.com

jdog
Explorer
Explorer
Iraqvet05 wrote:
I don't rely on any retailer's site to tell me something is in stock. I've ran into the same issue at Wal Mart and Home Depot. If you have a particluar item you want and the website says it's in stock online, call the store and see if they can actually locate the item and hold it for you. I hate spending my hard earned gas money running down items that are not there.

I have called the Vacaville, Ca. store being told yea we have it. When I got there everything is changed , no we don't have it, or what item, who did you talk to? Calling DOES NOT WORK!

Ozlander
Explorer
Explorer
If it's on the internet, it has to be true. :S :B
Ozlander

06 Yukon XL
2001 Trail-Lite 7253

Iraqvet05
Explorer
Explorer
I don't rely on any retailer's site to tell me something is in stock. I've ran into the same issue at Wal Mart and Home Depot. If you have a particluar item you want and the website says it's in stock online, call the store and see if they can actually locate the item and hold it for you. I hate spending my hard earned gas money running down items that are not there.
2017 Ford F-250 6.2 gas
2018 Jayco 28BHBE

US Army veteran

jdog
Explorer
Explorer
Then why does the CW internet site state that a certain store has something it doesn't. Seems like the same screwed up CW as everything else that they have is. Even when CW sends an ad to you, the store seems to be in the dark, not knowing anything!

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
Keep in mind that showing them something that says they have an item doesn't make it any more true.

RoyB
Explorer II
Explorer II
I have also saved the page using ALT-PRINTSCREEN keys... Then you can open with MS PAINT and CROP/SAVE/PRINT from that...
My Posts are IMHO based on my experiences - Words in CAPS does not mean I am shouting
Roy - Carolyn
RETIRED DOAF/DON/DOD/CONTR RADIO TECH (42yrs)
K9PHT (Since 1957) 146.52M
2010 F150, 5.4,3:73 Gears,SCab
2008 Starcraft 14RT EU2000i GEN
2005 Flagstaff 8528RESS

Lovedays
Explorer
Explorer
In Windows, you can do a screenshot by pressing the print screen button. It looks like nothing happens but it copies whatever is on your screen to your clipboard.

Open Microsoft Word (or similar) and paste into the word document. It will show as an image. It would be better if it just printed for you but this is an option.
2009 Jayco Jay Flight G2 29BHS
2004 Toyota Tundra SR5 Double Cab

cps68500
Explorer
Explorer
I've seen a disconnect between their online site and the store itself.

On a technical note, you could "print" it to a PDF, then print on the printer or even take a screenshot and print that...
2014 Heartland Prowler 28BHS