cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

finding value for the RV

2_Retired
Explorer
Explorer
Anyone have any experience with a free internet site that could give a ball-park value for our 2006 32' Georgie Boy Pursuit? We DO NOT want salesmen calling to offer to sell it for us - been inundated with them lately even without seeking them out! One told us he had '25 buyers waiting - could get us over $36,000! All we needed out of pocket was to send him $5oo for advertising fees!" If there were so many buyers already waiting, why did he need to advertise?????
Tired of this ****. Would just like a legitimate idea of what we might get if we sold it! Bought it in 2011 for less than $50,000 with only 8,000 miles on it. Now a bit over 35,000. Made some cosmetic changes, but it is basically the same rig. New tires, brand new awning, would call it in good condition considering its age. We're both 70 and just in the 'thinking maybe its time' stage. Only the right price would get us to sell - we still use it, not like it's just sitting there. Planning our next trip month long in February as I type this. Just wondering if there is a site where we could get an idea of its value without being inundated with phone calls. Thanks.
Two young retirees restless to GO!
Life is too short to wait too long to do all we want to do!!
Go and enjoy!!
13 REPLIES 13

RetiredRealtorR
Explorer
Explorer
RRinNFla wrote:
NADA is based on member dealers reporting actual sales. This works fine for automobiles because of the sheer volume. The data for RVs is less helpful. How many 2006 Georgia Boys have been sold by NADA dealers in the last year? Answer: not many.

Your best bet is to look at RV trader for something close.

I fully agree, but even looking at RVTrader or similar is not that accurate. Remember, RVTrader shows what sellers are 'asking' for their RV's, but never shows what they actually sell for, if they sell at all.

The current market is crazy, for both automobiles and RV's.

Always remember, the only 'book' that has ever actually bought an RV is a checkbook! Don't put a lot of faith in NADA.

Conclusion: It's worth what somebody will pay for it. Period.
. . . never confuse education with intelligence, nor motion with progress

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
rk911 wrote:
2 Retired wrote:
Anyone have any experience with a free internet site that could give a ball-park value for our 2006 32' Georgie Boy Pursuit? We DO NOT want salesmen calling to offer to sell it for us - been inundated with them lately even without seeking them out! One told us he had '25 buyers waiting - could get us over $36,000! All we needed out of pocket was to send him $5oo for advertising fees!" If there were so many buyers already waiting, why did he need to advertise?????
Tired of this ****. Would just like a legitimate idea of what we might get if we sold it! Bought it in 2011 for less than $50,000 with only 8,000 miles on it. Now a bit over 35,000. Made some cosmetic changes, but it is basically the same rig. New tires, brand new awning, would call it in good condition considering its age. We're both 70 and just in the 'thinking maybe its time' stage. Only the right price would get us to sell - we still use it, not like it's just sitting there. Planning our next trip month long in February as I type this. Just wondering if there is a site where we could get an idea of its value without being inundated with phone calls. Thanks.

Kelly Blue Book and/or NADA. i use both every january.

Whatโ€™s special about January?
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5โ€ turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
Or you could just look on FB and CL for similar units for free and make your own opinion without the harassment by whoever youโ€™re giving info to that you shouldnโ€™t be.
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5โ€ turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold

PartyOf_Five
Explorer
Explorer
RVTrader- and nada if you want pre covid pricing. Or post one Craigslist for $5 and see what kind off call volume you get at the price. Not many= too high. Too many= too low. Doesn't mean you have to actually sell it to them.
PartyOf5 appreciating our Creator thru the created. 5 yrsL 50k, 49 states & 9 provinces.

May you find Peace in all you endeavor.

rk911
Explorer
Explorer
2 Retired wrote:

Kelly Blue Book and/or NADA. i use both every january.
Rich
Ham Radio, Sport Pilot, Retired 9-1-1 Call Center Administrator
'10 Jeep Liberty KK

& MaggieThe Wonder Beagle

Terryallan
Explorer II
Explorer II
wanderingaimlessly wrote:
Hey I like that, My 2010 just came back as worth over $10K more than I paid a year ago when it had 5000 fewer miles.

Yep. Ever since covid hit. RV values are skyrocketing. I sold my 2013 TT for more than it was worth 2 years ago.
Terry & Shay
Coachman Apex 288BH.
2013 F150 XLT Off Road
5.0, 3.73
Lazy Campers

wanderingaimles
Explorer
Explorer
Hey I like that, My 2010 just came back as worth over $10K more than I paid a year ago when it had 5000 fewer miles.

RRinNFla
Explorer
Explorer
NADA is based on member dealers reporting actual sales. This works fine for automobiles because of the sheer volume. The data for RVs is less helpful. How many 2006 Georgia Boys have been sold by NADA dealers in the last year? Answer: not many.

Your best bet is to look at RV trader for something close.
Richard

2015 Prime Time Crusader 295RLT
2008 Ford F250 V10 (Gas), EC, SB, 4X4

MitchF150
Explorer III
Explorer III
Yeah.. Well, on the new nada site, you get thru your specs and then the next "click" to find your "price", it has a link to "contact a dealer" or something like that.... I didn't actually click on it, as I don't want to sell my rig.. ๐Ÿ™‚

At least that's how I saw it when I was checking it out just now...

Not like before where you just get a worthless answer! ha, ha...

Mitch
2013 F150 XLT 4x4 SuperCab Max Tow Egoboost 3.73 gears #7700 GVWR #1920 payload. 2019 Rockwood Mini Lite 2511S.

wanderingaimles
Explorer
Explorer
I would also suggest searching for comparable units from rv trader, RVT.com and even checking ppl

Thermoguy
Explorer II
Explorer II
https://www.nadaguides.com/RVs

stripit
Explorer
Explorer
Years ago when I was involved with the credit union we always kept up to date NADA books for values so we knew what we wanted to loan on vehicles. That would be free to you to ask, I would not even think you needed to be a member.
Stacey Frank
2016 Tiffin Allegro Bus 40AP
2019 Tesla Model X
2015 Cadillac SRX we Tow
1991 Avanti Convertible

MitchF150
Explorer III
Explorer III
Opps... Not current info after all... Does not seem to be the same as it was a couple of years ago, so No idea now...

Good luck! Mitch
2013 F150 XLT 4x4 SuperCab Max Tow Egoboost 3.73 gears #7700 GVWR #1920 payload. 2019 Rockwood Mini Lite 2511S.