cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Quicken 2012 Sunsets on 4/30/15

sherlock62
Explorer
Explorer
For those using Quicken 2012, read here. No online services with Quicken 2012 after 4/30/15.
16 REPLIES 16

joebedford
Nomad II
Nomad II
Gdetrailer wrote:
joebedford wrote:
sherlock62 wrote:
joebedford wrote:
We were on Quicken 2011 when they disabled the online functionality which is a must have for us. I guess we have another couple of years before they disable our 2014.

I HATE them for that. If there was any alternative with equivalent functionality we'd switch in a flash.

April 2017 and your Quicken 2014 will sunset and thus no online capability. Will be time for you, as a Quicken 2014 user, to move to a newer version of Quicken.

By the way, I totally understand why they sunset Quicken.
I totally understand why they disable online functionality too. I just hate the way they do it. It's a PITA for us to have to 'upgrade' a program that addresses our needs completely then have to deal with a learning curve and whole other set of bugs. I'd pay more to keep the old version. I use the Canadian version and they don't support us nearly as well as the US version - I want to keep the one that works for me.

There IS something better..

Pen and paper is my top way of keeping finances..

Second is why not simply put together a spreadsheet..

Doesn't need constant "upgrades" it doesn't "sunset"..

Is portable and if you really must have "clouds" you can put it there also..

We have a spreadsheet that we use for all our bills.. One stop shop and we can see our heating bill, electric bill and so on..

With a little bit of work you can take a spreadsheet a bit further and put together a database which IS what "Quicken" is.. Make it yourself and never need to be a "slave" to sunsets..
I KNOW you're kidding. If I were to do it your way, I'd use a database not a spreadsheet.

NOT better and too much work. Too much manual transcription = prone to error.

sherlock62
Explorer
Explorer
Gdetrailer wrote:

We have a spreadsheet that we use for all our bills.. One stop shop and we can see our heating bill, electric bill and so on..

With a little bit of work you can take a spreadsheet a bit further and put together a database which IS what "Quicken" is.. Make it yourself and never need to be a "slave" to sunsets..

This is the year 2015. Use toilet paper versus soft leaves...:R

Gdetrailer
Explorer III
Explorer III
joebedford wrote:
sherlock62 wrote:
joebedford wrote:
We were on Quicken 2011 when they disabled the online functionality which is a must have for us. I guess we have another couple of years before they disable our 2014.

I HATE them for that. If there was any alternative with equivalent functionality we'd switch in a flash.

April 2017 and your Quicken 2014 will sunset and thus no online capability. Will be time for you, as a Quicken 2014 user, to move to a newer version of Quicken.

I totally understand why they disable online functionality too. I just hate the way they do it. It's a PITA for us to have to 'upgrade' a program that addresses our needs completely then have to deal with a learning curve and whole other set of bugs. I'd pay more to keep the old version. I use the Canadian version and they don't support us nearly as well as the US version - I want to keep the one that works for me.

hawkeye-08
Explorer III
Explorer III
sherlock62 wrote:
snipe:
hitchup wrote:
2014 gives me a cloud back-up system,

You are incorrect, it does not do this!

My Quicken 2014 has "sync to cloud" for each account (or all or none).

joebedford
Nomad II
Nomad II
sherlock62 wrote:
joebedford wrote:

sherlock62
Explorer
Explorer
sch911 wrote:
sherlock62 wrote:
What became available in Quicken 2014 was -not a cloud back-up system- but rather Quicken 2014 user's (and Quicken 2015 users) were given the option of having their data in the cloud for use with say smartphones. A sync capability. (your Quicken with your smartphone) This having the data in the cloud is by no means a "back-up". Should your Quicken data file become corrupted or lost say in a fire you could not access the sync record lets call it, in the cloud for back-up purchases. You'd be out of luck without a "back-up".

This service is available for 2013 also. I use it every day....

Yes, sync to cloud started in 2013 version. I typoed in my post. I just corrected that post.

sch911
Explorer
Explorer
sherlock62 wrote:
What became available in Quicken 2014 was -not a cloud back-up system- but rather Quicken 2014 user's (and Quicken 2015 users) were given the option of having their data in the cloud for use with say smartphones. A sync capability. (your Quicken with your smartphone) This having the data in the cloud is by no means a "back-up". Should your Quicken data file become corrupted or lost say in a fire you could not access the sync record lets call it, in the cloud for back-up purchases. You'd be out of luck without a "back-up".

This service is available for 2013 also. I use it every day....
OEM Auto Engineer- Embedded Software Team
09 Holiday Rambler Endeavor 41SKQ Cummins ISL
2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited Toad

sherlock62
Explorer
Explorer
joebedford wrote:

joebedford
Nomad II
Nomad II

sherlock62
Explorer
Explorer
obgraham wrote:
Quicken 2009 works fine for me. I expect it will continue.

Yes, Quicken 2009 works with newer operating systems (thus far) but often you can have varied issues with printing and such. Also, no online capability. Some Quicken user's do online bill pay with Quicken, monitor their stock earning, etc. and such so online capability is a must for them. I started this thread to let those people know that if they were using Quicken 2012, they would need to upgrade their Quicken before April 30, 2015

obgraham
Explorer
Explorer
Quicken 2009 works fine for me. I expect it will continue.

sherlock62
Explorer
Explorer
sch911 wrote:
sherlock62 wrote:
snipe:
hitchup wrote:

Well that's funny my 2013 has Quicken Cloud Backup! I'm sure the 2014 Product would also...

For many years, Quicken has offered for a $9.00+ fee, Quicken Online Back-up which places your data file in storage on their servers. With Quicken 2014(and 2015) this is still offered. What became available in Quicken 2013 was -not a cloud back-up system- but rather Quicken 2013 user's (and Quicken 2004-15 users) were given the option of having their data in the cloud for use with say smartphones. A sync capability. (your Quicken with your smartphone) This having the data in the cloud is by no means a "back-up". Should your Quicken data file become corrupted or lost say in a fire you could not access the sync record lets call it, in the cloud for back-up purchases. You'd be out of luck without a "back-up".

sch911
Explorer
Explorer
sherlock62 wrote:
snipe:
hitchup wrote:

Well that's funny my 2013 has Quicken Cloud Backup! I'm sure the 2014 Product would also...
OEM Auto Engineer- Embedded Software Team
09 Holiday Rambler Endeavor 41SKQ Cummins ISL
2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited Toad

sherlock62
Explorer
Explorer
snipe:
hitchup wrote: