Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Remote camera question

JoeH
Explorer III
Explorer III
Hi,
We recently purchased a lot in an RV resort. I'd like to put a couple cameras up to monitor our site and furnishings/etc while we are away. There is free wifi at the park. What would be nice would be a motion activated cam that could send images to my PC and/or cell phone when we are away. Storage of the images is also desired .
I really am not familiar with the current technical options so I thought I'd ask and get some direction before I go out searching
Thanks !
Joe
2013 Dutch Star 4338- all electric
Toad is 2015 F-150 with bikes,kayaks and Harley aboard
7 REPLIES 7

2oldman
Explorer II
Explorer II
Nest cameras are great. Been watching my home for 7 months. Great product.

Notifies me when something moves, like cats in my back yard.
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman

JoeH
Explorer III
Explorer III
Thanks for the ideas-- Keep them coming- I'll check them out
Joe
2013 Dutch Star 4338- all electric
Toad is 2015 F-150 with bikes,kayaks and Harley aboard

John_Wayne
Explorer II
Explorer II
Also look at Piper has to be inside, when I bought mine they did not have outside cameras.
John & Carol Life members
01 31'Sea View single slide, F53 V-10 with 134,000 miles and counting.
2012 Jeep Liberty Smi brake system
Security by Bentley
God Bless

KF6HCH

IAMICHABOD
Explorer II
Explorer II
I like the Ring Stickup Camera that I use to monitor the house while I am away,alerts to your phone and 2 way audio,cloud storage.

Sometimes cheaper on Amazon and Best Buy.
2006 TIOGA 26Q CHEVY 6.0 WORKHORSE VORTEC
Former El Monte RV Rental
Retired Teamster Local 692
Buying A Rental Class C

tinstartrvlr
Explorer
Explorer
Don't have any personal experience with it but been seeing all the ads and it looks like a pretty good deal; thinking of trying it out. Simplisafe or simplysafe (not sure of spelling). Think they have wht you are looking for.

WVbassmistress
Explorer
Explorer
We recently bought an Arlo system at Sam's (Amazon also has packages) for $369. Totally wireless and includes 3 cameras. Very user friendly. You can arm and disarm with the app and it sends alerts when motion detected. You can set the length of time you want it to record video and will save it to the cloud for a week (I believe - my husband is the tech guy) but you can download to another source if you need to keep it for longer (like to give to police) We are very happy with it so far.
Lisa, Bobby & Dorothy the Wonder Dog
2013 F250 crew cab/6/5 foot bed w/
Firestone airbags
2006 KZ Jag - 29 ft
Ranger Z518
22 ft Suntracker Pontoon

sue_t
Explorer
Explorer
There are many options available.

Logitech has a variety of security systems. Both indoor and outdoor. Our older system continues to work well. When we're travelling I receive email alerts when there is movement along with a snapshot, but it has usually wildlife and the wind that triggers the camera.

Bushnell's outdoor cameras (trailcams) are also effective. Some have a Wi-Fi option. I have the trailcams without Wi-Fi because we don't have cell service in our area. The cameras work at temps down to -40 and it is mostly wildlife photographed along our driveway.
sue t.
Pictures from our many RV Adventures to Yukon & Alaska from Vancouver Island. Now we live in Yukon!