cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Satellite elevation sensor

klparker
Explorer
Explorer
Have a wineguard DM4000 elevation sensor that isn't working.
It does not use a battery, is wired to coach. Is there a way to determine if the sensor problem is with the outside sensor attached to satellite dish or if it is the indicator mounted on the ceiling. Thanks
2 REPLIES 2

Bill_Satellite
Explorer II
Explorer II
klparker wrote:
Have a wineguard DM4000 elevation sensor that isn't working.
It does not use a battery, is wired to coach. Is there a way to determine if the sensor problem is with the outside sensor attached to satellite dish or if it is the indicator mounted on the ceiling. Thanks

Correct answer above. Assuming you are seeing no display at all when you push the button you first need to see if you have any power. It's sometimes tied into the Winegard power supply wall plate. If you have power and no display then you will need to order a replacement.
As an aside, has it ever worked? What are you hoping to use it with? They don't have much functionality these days.
What I post is my 2 cents and nothing more. Please don't read anything into my post that's not there. If you disagree, that's OK.
Can't we all just get along?

YC_1
Nomad
Nomad
I would access the insides to measure the voltage. Might be a blown fuse not feeding it.
H/R Endeavor 2008
Ford F150 toad >Full Timers
Certified Senior Electronic Technician, Telecommunications Engineer, Telecommunications repair Service Center Owner, Original owner HR 2008