cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Ship To Store Option

IAMICHABOD
Explorer II
Explorer II
In another thread there was a mention of why there is no ship to store option when ordering on line like Walmart has.

It seems that You can have that option if you order in the store, why is that.

Here is what happened to me.

I wanted to get a Windshield Cover It was on sale online so I decided to go to my local store to save shipping, the store only stocked ones for Fords.

When I asked about it, she said no problem, she opened up the website and said that she could order it and have it shipped to the store from the warehouse that made deliveries every Wednesday at no additional cost. They even called me to let me know it was in. The sales staff at my local La Mirada Ca. store are very helpful.

So I guess that my question is, if the staff at the store can order it and have it shipped to the store for free with the other things that come from the warehouse, why cant I do the same when the Camping World website comes up and shows my closest store.

It would seem that this could be an option to have and would get the customer in the store to pick it up and while there maybe make additional purchases, I know that I did. :B
2006 TIOGA 26Q CHEVY 6.0 WORKHORSE VORTEC
Former El Monte RV Rental
Retired Teamster Local 692
Buying A Rental Class C
13 REPLIES 13

IAMICHABOD
Explorer II
Explorer II
wbwood wrote:

It's only free shipping on orders over $99. And even then, that's not on everything. Some large items require freight charges. No matter how long it takes them to add a feature or no matter whether or not it won't work for some is irrelevant. It should be offered online. As iamichabod mentioned, it not only saves time and gas.

That is true on the shipping for most items and sometimes they run free shipping specials just for certain items and for members only.

The ship to store option should be offered No matter how long it takes them to add this feature It should be offered on line like many others.

All large retailers offer this service such as Walmart, Lowes, Home Depot, Target, Sears even smaller companies like Tru Value Hardware, Tractor Supply,Ace Hardware,Menards, Orchard and many many others.

I think Marcus should get his team in gear and move it into the 21st century like the others and offer this to its customers and get them to the stores...........

So far as I can see is a canned response 5 months ago from Elizabeth Black-Osborn, Marcus Rapid Response Team, and nothing more..
Buying A Rental Class C

wbwood
Explorer
Explorer
OldRadios wrote:
IAMICHABOD wrote:

So I have to ask again, will this be an option soon or will I have to look elsewhere for the things I need like my Amazon Prime.

Changing the web site for adding the option to ship to any store will be some work and take some time.

Free shipping to a store is OK but for me it's about a 35 mile drive. I'm sure for many others it's a lot further. If you order a few items per year from CW then just get a Good Sam membership. The free shipping directly to your house with GS membership on just a couple large items would pay for the membership.

It's only free shipping on orders over $99. And even then, that's not on everything. Some large items require freight charges. No matter how long it takes them to add a feature or no matter whether or not it won't work for some is irrelevant. It should be offered online. As iamichabod mentioned, it not only saves time and gas.
Brian
2013 Thor Chateau 31L

OldRadios
Explorer
Explorer
IAMICHABOD wrote:

So I have to ask again, will this be an option soon or will I have to look elsewhere for the things I need like my Amazon Prime.

Changing the web site for adding the option to ship to any store will be some work and take some time.

Free shipping to a store is OK but for me it's about a 35 mile drive. I'm sure for many others it's a lot further. If you order a few items per year from CW then just get a Good Sam membership. The free shipping directly to your house with GS membership on just a couple large items would pay for the membership.
2006 Fleetwood 26Q
2010 Harley Softail Toad
2015 Ford Focus Toad
Upstate (the other) New York

IAMICHABOD
Explorer II
Explorer II
IAMICHABOD wrote:
Good Sam Care Team wrote:
Hello everyone,

Thank you for the feedback! I will certainly forward this on and see if we can get the ship to store option included with the online shopping tools. Please let me know if you need anything else at all and have a wonderful day!

Elizabeth Black-Osborn
Marcus Rapid Response Team

Thanks Elizabeth for your response, I will be looking forward to what Marcus's Rapid Response Team will come up with on this subject.

As I said in the OP, the team at the La Mirada Ca. store is topnotch and I would like to be able to pick up my orders there. I have always had good service there whether in the store or having something installed.

IAMICHABOD

I thought I might open this up again....

It has been over 3 months and I still haven't seen anything about the Ship To Store option that was suggested, unless I missed it somewhere.

Has there been any more movement by the Rapid Response Team on this subject?

I have made 2 trips to my local Camping World only to find out that the things that I wanted were not on the shelves but could be ordered,and would be there on the next truck from the warehouse free of shipping. Which happened in the first post that I made on this subject.

If the ship to store option was in place I could have saved the gas money of these 2 trips and still got my stuff while patronizing Camping World.

Buying A Rental Class C

spud1960
Explorer
Explorer
If you are a GS member you get free shipping to your house, that would save on the gas to go to the store. Just a thought!!

IAMICHABOD
Explorer II
Explorer II
Hello everyone,

Thank you for the feedback! I will certainly forward this on and see if we can get the ship to store option included with the online shopping tools. Please let me know if you need anything else at all and have a wonderful day!

Elizabeth Black-Osborn

Thanks Elizabeth for your response, I will be looking forward to what Marcus's Rapid Response Team will come up with on this subject.

As I said in the OP, the team at the La Mirada Ca. store is topnotch and I would like to be able to pick up my orders there. I have always had good service there whether in the store or having something installed.

IAMICHABOD
Buying A Rental Class C

Bucky_Badger
Explorer
Explorer
Hello everyone,

Elizabeth Black-Osborn

Thanks for your concern. That would be nice for some people
2010 F150 5.4, 3.55, 4x4, Equli-z-er Hitch
2007 Forest River Salem 27RB LE
and
2009 Nomad 3980

Good_Sam_Care_T
Explorer
Explorer
Hello everyone,

Elizabeth Black-Osborn

I_am_still_wayn
Explorer
Explorer
the reason it is not an option is because Camping World is not a customer centric operation.

Bucky_Badger
Explorer
Explorer
wbwood wrote:
nomad297 wrote:
If you call Camping World online, they will have what you want shipped to a store. I have done this.

Bruce

But it's not an option when making an order online. Calling them defeats the online part.

To me it wouldn't matter if it gets the job done. Would be a nice option
2010 F150 5.4, 3.55, 4x4, Equli-z-er Hitch
2007 Forest River Salem 27RB LE
and
2009 Nomad 3980

wbwood
Explorer
Explorer
nomad297 wrote:
If you call Camping World online, they will have what you want shipped to a store. I have done this.

Bruce

But it's not an option when making an order online. Calling them defeats the online part.
Brian
2013 Thor Chateau 31L

nomad297
Explorer
Explorer

Bruce
2010 Skyline Nomad 297 Bunk House, 33-1/4 feet long
2015 Silverado 3500HD LTZ 4x4, 6.0 liter long bed with 4.10 rear, 3885# payload
Reese Straight-Line 1200# WD with built-in sway control
DirecTV -- SWM Slimline dish on tripod, DVR and two H25 receivers

hawkman541
Explorer
Explorer
I have not found it an option at CW most of the time. When I want an item and the store doesn't have it, I have them order it and when it comes in. Especially if its on sale online, I will ask for the sale price and the free shipping. Most of the time they will not offer it. Always ask. Good Luck
2002 Ford F-450 Crew Cab
2013 Heartland Landmark San Antonio
Frank-10lb. Chihuahua