cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Speaker wiring

SSGf150
Explorer
Explorer
Hi all, we have just purchsed a 2007 Gulfbreeze 26 TRS and I have found something odd with the cd radio mounted over the sink (Memorex, nothing special but it works). The unit has speaker wires attached but I can't find where the wires end. I suspect the previous owner took the speakers when he/she traded and tucked the wires away. The unit seems like a factory install, the wires head into the outside wall but I can't find the ends inside or out. I tested with other speakers attached directly to the unit and the wires are functional. Do any of you more experienced TT or Gulfstream owners know where the wires might typically terminate?
Thanks in advance for any tips or advice.
2013 F150 4x4 SuperCrew
2007 Gulfbreeze 26TRS
Loving South Central Ontario
4 REPLIES 4

SSGf150
Explorer
Explorer
dockmasterdave wrote:
On ours the stereo was never installed but we knew the wires had to be there.
We looked at images of our trailer in old factory pics, and saw where it would have been.
That is where we found the wires.
Look for some brochure pics of yours online, and look for the factory installed speakers.
That should be where yours originally were.

Thanks, I'll give that a try.
2013 F150 4x4 SuperCrew
2007 Gulfbreeze 26TRS

SSGf150
Explorer
Explorer
RVnRobin wrote:
Are you unable to find where the original speakers were mounted? That is where the wires would terminate. On my TT the speakers are mounted on the ceiling and if removed would leave a hole. Feel around in there and you should be able to fine them.

Yes I did look for signs like that but no such luck. The walls and all trim seems to be intact with no holes or spots where wires might have previously been fed. Thanks for the input.
2013 F150 4x4 SuperCrew
2007 Gulfbreeze 26TRS

dockmasterdave
Explorer
Explorer
On ours the stereo was never installed but we knew the wires had to be there.
We looked at images of our trailer in old factory pics, and saw where it would have been.
That is where we found the wires.
Look for some brochure pics of yours online, and look for the factory installed speakers.
That should be where yours originally were.
2014 F 150 ecoboost
2008 Chrysler Aspen
09 Amerilite 21 (modified)
2013 Bendron 14' enclosed cargo
2011 4x8 open cargo

RVnRobin
Explorer
Explorer
Are you unable to find where the original speakers were mounted? That is where the wires would terminate. On my TT the speakers are mounted on the ceiling and if removed would leave a hole. Feel around in there and you should be able to fine them.
So much to experience, so little time.