cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Streaming Video from RV Park Wi-Fi

Acampingwewillg
Explorer II
Explorer II
I have to ask this after reading comments of RVParkReviews...how many RV'ers actually expect to get Streaming Video service from a Park's free Wi-Fi? Comments like, "I couldn't stream my NET Flix on the Wi-Fi" so I don't like the park or give the park a low rating.

I'm at a park now that actually address's this issue....their password to get on the Wi-Fi network in the park is, "NoNetFlix".....good thinking on their part.
96 Vogue Prima Vista
The Kid's: Humphrie, the Mini Schnauzer and Georgie,wire haired dachshund.
Rainbow Bridge: Laddie,Scoutie,Katie,Cooper,Kodie,Rubie,Maggie, Cassie, Mollie, Elvis, Potter and Rosie Love You! (40+ years in all)
22 REPLIES 22

You may want to shop around for T-Mobile 4G LTE biz accounts. Make sure they're authorized biz dealers. You can find them for under $100. month for hotspots which include 4G LTE unlimited (un-metered) with no throttling. You generally don't find these on consumer plans which throttle speeds at some point. While costing just $20.+ more per month.

I use a biz class 4G LTE modem (4-antennas), which you can pretty much use on any account just by inserting the SIM card, as long its programmed for the appropriate APN.

FrankShore
Explorer
Explorer
happycamper002 wrote:
FrankShore wrote:
. . . I'm interested in getting a hotspot w/ unlimited data!

Thanks

T-Mobile has LTE 4G Hotspot. They have a choice of data package that would fit your need.

In addition to my Hotspot, I also have a WeBoost Wifi Amplifier. This is like having your own cell tower. No waiting to download, no dead spot, and no dragging of nasty coax cable and annoying struggle to aim antenna at the right position.

Check them out.

Thank you!
2014 F-250
2014 Minnie Winnie 2351DKS (Traded In-Burnout-Use A Surge Protector!)
2015 Arctic Fox 22G (Great Trailer But Heavy - Traded In)
2018 Lance 1685 w/ Solar & 4 Seasons Package
1999 Beneteau 461 Oceanis Yacht
En Norski i en Fransk bรฅt - Dette mรฅ jeg se!

happycamper002
Explorer
Explorer
FrankShore wrote:
. . . I'm interested in getting a hotspot w/ unlimited data!

Thanks

T-Mobile has LTE 4G Hotspot. They have a choice of data package that would fit your need.

In addition to my Hotspot, I also have a WeBoost Wifi Amplifier. This is like having your own cell tower. No waiting to download, no dead spot, and no dragging of nasty coax cable and annoying struggle to aim antenna at the right position.

Check them out.

Ductape
Explorer
Explorer
fj12ryder wrote:
brdprey wrote:
i thought you camped to get in touch with nature and your better half?
Not me, I don't go "camping", I go "RV'ing". And not really interested in "getting in touch with nature". We use an RV so we can have our stuff with us, not interested in tents and sleeping bags. BTDTGTTS

+1 on this.

And who thinks WiFi is "free"? Is water free? Is the restroom free? Are the fire rings free? All bought and paid for. Parks don't (yet) want to give customers what (some) customers want. That will change. Remember when dial-up was the norm?
49 States, 6 Provinces, 2 Territories...

fj12ryder
Explorer III
Explorer III
brdprey wrote:
Not me, I don't go "camping", I go "RV'ing". And not really interested in "getting in touch with nature". We use an RV so we can have our stuff with us, not interested in tents and sleeping bags. BTDTGTTS
Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

FrankShore
Explorer
Explorer
happycamper002 wrote:
Shared wifi in rv cg is a no no. I carry my own hotspot with unlimited data so I don't have to rely on cg wifi.
I constantly check Wall Street ticker updates. I also watch ocassional full length movies thru my Amazon TV subscription. This is more demanding in terms of bandwidth compared to simple streaming videos.
All of these thru my unlimited data via hotspot. This system replaced my cumbersome satellite setup.

Which Hotspot and what carrier, etc? I'm interested in getting a hotspot w/ unlimited data!

Thanks
2014 F-250
2014 Minnie Winnie 2351DKS (Traded In-Burnout-Use A Surge Protector!)
2015 Arctic Fox 22G (Great Trailer But Heavy - Traded In)
2018 Lance 1685 w/ Solar & 4 Seasons Package
1999 Beneteau 461 Oceanis Yacht
En Norski i en Fransk bรฅt - Dette mรฅ jeg se!

EV2
Explorer
Explorer
brdprey wrote:

You obviously thought wrong.

bcsdguy
Explorer
Explorer
brdprey wrote:
So did I. Geez, why leave home?
No person is completely worthless ... one can always serve as a bad example.

brdprey
Explorer
Explorer

ramgunner
Explorer
Explorer
Under their current plans, if you go for T-Mobile ONE Plus, yes with some "prioritization" after 26GB of data usage (if the site is busy, your data may be put behind others). The majority of that usage should be on the phone itself versus the hotspot feature.

If you are looking for an unlimited T-Mobile hotspot device, Unlimitedville is offering a T-Mobile unlimited high-speed plan for $150/month. I don't know if that will get shut down like their other service or not.
Editor - http://www.RamGunner.com / http://www.MomentumGunner.com
2014 Ram 3500 Tradesman/CTD/AISIN/4.10/4WD/CC/LB/DRW/VHF/UHF/APRS/CB/SCANNER
Grand Design Momentum 385TH (Polaris RZR800/VHF/UHF/HF)

Gulfcoast
Explorer
Explorer
I was referring to hotspot data, for a laptop.
RV'ing since 1960
Dodge Cummins Diesel
Mega Cab
Jayco Travel Trailer

ramgunner
Explorer
Explorer
Gulfcoast wrote:
Does TMobile have unlimited HIGH SPEED data?

On the phone, yes.

The way to stream with them is to use a screen-mirroring feature on your phone and a compatible receiver. We use Samsung phones and a Roku 3. Turn on screen mirroring on the Roku, and Smart View on the phone. Then stream from the phone to the TV.
Editor - http://www.RamGunner.com / http://www.MomentumGunner.com
2014 Ram 3500 Tradesman/CTD/AISIN/4.10/4WD/CC/LB/DRW/VHF/UHF/APRS/CB/SCANNER
Grand Design Momentum 385TH (Polaris RZR800/VHF/UHF/HF)

Gulfcoast
Explorer
Explorer
Does TMobile have unlimited HIGH SPEED data?
RV'ing since 1960
Dodge Cummins Diesel
Mega Cab
Jayco Travel Trailer

happycamper002
Explorer
Explorer
T Mobile for all my toys. My DW phone and mine including my smart watch.