cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

The 4th Faulty Mr. Heater Hose

4X4Dodger
Explorer II
Explorer II
A warning to all who think of buying Mr. Heater propane hose products from Camping World:

The first bad hose: I bought two propane hoses for my dual tanks from the Flagstaff store and installed them on the spot. One was faulty out of the box. Returned to the store and got another.(see below)

The Second: A propane hose for my Weber Q bought at Flagstaff sotre operated about four days. Returned to the Tuscon store for replacement.

Third bad hose: The replacement from the Tuscon store quit after one week on the Weber. I was in Mexico. Returned to the Boulder city store. (this particular bad hose gave out in Mexico and cost me a fortune in buying very scarce coleman canisters there)

Fourth bad hose: The now One Year Old propane tank hose I bought from Flagstaff has now started to leak. I replaced it with the one good original equipment hose from the tanks I had saved as a spare. That hose dates from 2004 and it still works fine.

Don't rush to judgement that it was because these were made in China...they were but so were the Char-Broil replacements that I bought for the Weber and it has performed flawlessly.

And at HALF the cost of the Mr Heater from Camping World.

The problem is Camping Worlds cynical approach to sourcing cheap faulty products and selling them at full retail or inflated prices from a manufacturer that specs and sources the cheapest inferior product they can.

I urge CW to jettison Mr. Heater propane accessories for a better brand and bring your prices in line with Home Depot's and Lowes.

ONE customer, FOUR BAD HOSES, All Mr. Heater and from DIFFERENT stores. It would be very interesting to see what the company wide return rate is on these hoses.

Surely CW can do better than this.
1 REPLY 1

Good_Sam_Care_T
Explorer
Explorer
Hello 4X4Dodger,

Thank you for your time and post. I apologize for your experience with the hoses. I will pass this information onto our Leadership Team for you.

Thanks,
David