cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Tiffin over the air antenna

6string
Explorer
Explorer
I have a 2011 phaeton with my second mini state broadcast antenna which has also broken. I believe tiffin has changed to a better antenna. Does anyone have info on this matter? I have explored other models on the internet but donโ€™t want to drill holes in the roof.
8 REPLIES 8

6string
Explorer
Explorer
Does anyone know what antenna Tiffin is using now?

shastagary
Explorer
Explorer
here is what they should look like inside maybe its the glue that doesn't hold up? Mini State antenna

shastagary
Explorer
Explorer
if you think the mini state antenna worked good enough when it worked the tiffin forums were saying they fell apart internally from road vibration. take it apart and put it back together with locktite on the screws. what could you loose its already broke right?

shastagary
Explorer
Explorer
no omni directional tv antenna will ever out perform the signal receiving capability of a good directional tv antenna no matter how big a amplifier they claim it has. you can play with and keep spending money on the under performing antennas if you want. you will just be disappointed with them. but you can brag that you did not drill a hole through the roof. my vote is still for the winegard sensar IV if you want the best rv mounted antenna.

Bill_Satellite
Explorer II
Explorer II
The Tiffin is not really setup for a Batwing but someone with the right skills could adapt one. There are other, better options available to Tiffin owners.
What I post is my 2 cents and nothing more. Please don't read anything into my post that's not there. If you disagree, that's OK.
Can't we all just get along?

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
Still the best ota antenna is the Winegard Sensar IV. longest rangem couple with the Sensar pro wall palate it can not be beat by any antenna sold for RV use in the US.
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

Lwiddis
Explorer II
Explorer II
Properly sealed, drilling holes isnโ€™t a problem. Running your generator in the campsite next to me four hours a day because you donโ€™t want to mount solar panels is.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

Bill_Satellite
Explorer II
Explorer II
Tiffin Forum
What I post is my 2 cents and nothing more. Please don't read anything into my post that's not there. If you disagree, that's OK.
Can't we all just get along?