cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Trav'ler SK3005 Setup Time

az99
Explorer
Explorer
What is the average time it takes your DirecTV SK3005 Trav'ler to lock onto the satellites if you are in an area with no obstructions?
8 REPLIES 8

az99
Explorer
Explorer
Bill.Winegard wrote:
If you are still seeing numbers of 90+ on the 101, 110 and 119 satellites then it's a puzzle to me. Nothing that I am aware of has changed and I have not heard of similar issues. It's possible that something could be going wrong with your electronics but I have not seen a similar example. If you want to take the time, the next time you move watch watch the display on the Trav'ler controller and write down what it shows during the search. Write down each message each time it changes and then drop me an e-mail so we can see if there are any clues there.
You can also call Winegard Tech support at 800-788-4417.
I did write down all the times and messages. Where can I send them to you. I did call tech support but like usual no one answers and when they return the call 8 hrs. later I was not home. I emailed them and all they said was that's normal. I know something changed and would like to find it before the warranty runs out. Thanx

Bill_Satellite
Explorer II
Explorer II
If you are still seeing numbers of 90+ on the 101, 110 and 119 satellites then it's a puzzle to me. Nothing that I am aware of has changed and I have not heard of similar issues. It's possible that something could be going wrong with your electronics but I have not seen a similar example. If you want to take the time, the next time you move watch watch the display on the Trav'ler controller and write down what it shows during the search. Write down each message each time it changes and then drop me an e-mail so we can see if there are any clues there.
You can also call Winegard Tech support at 800-788-4417.
What I post is my 2 cents and nothing more. Please don't read anything into my post that's not there. If you disagree, that's OK.
Can't we all just get along?

az99
Explorer
Explorer
Bill.Winegard wrote:
az99 wrote:
Bill.Winegard wrote:
6-8 minutes. I have seen 10 minutes a couple of times but 6-8 would be a good average. The SK-SWM3 can take a bit longer in some parts of the Country due to some spot-beam issues.
That is what mine used to take. All of a sudden it is taking 15+. Any suggestions.

Have you changed any receiver hardware or added the SWM hardware? Any partial blockage of any of the 5 satellites it needs to locate (99, 101, 103, 110, 119)? Just this location or many? What part of the Country?
Absolutely no changes. Came back from Fla.(late April) where it worked fine. Tried to setup in the middle of a field in Central Pa.(late June). Took well over 20 minutes before I parked it and tried again. It seemed to take forever even the second time but I did not time it. I tried it when I got home and it is taking between 13-15 minutes. This is far longer than before. It used to setup so quickly it was never even thought about. Now it is close to double (just guessing).
No issues after it eventually does setup. Good signal strength on all sats.

Bill_Satellite
Explorer II
Explorer II
az99 wrote:
Bill.Winegard wrote:
6-8 minutes. I have seen 10 minutes a couple of times but 6-8 would be a good average. The SK-SWM3 can take a bit longer in some parts of the Country due to some spot-beam issues.
That is what mine used to take. All of a sudden it is taking 15+. Any suggestions.

Have you changed any receiver hardware or added the SWM hardware? Any partial blockage of any of the 5 satellites it needs to locate (99, 101, 103, 110, 119)? Just this location or many? What part of the Country?
What I post is my 2 cents and nothing more. Please don't read anything into my post that's not there. If you disagree, that's OK.

fpresto
Explorer
Explorer
az99 wrote:

Impossible to pinpoint over the internet. What are the circumstances? Is this in the same location as before? Any rain between you and the satellite? Are you far off level?
USN Retired
2016 Tiffin Allegro 32 SA

az99
Explorer
Explorer
Bill.Winegard wrote:

brobox
Explorer
Explorer
It is finished before I am finished hooking up....Or less than one beer. :B
Chuck
02 Travel Supreme, 2 street side slides
09 Toyota Tacoma 2WD

Bill_Satellite
Explorer II
Explorer II