cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Trip Planner

danoren
Explorer
Explorer
Here is a great,free and easy trip planner tool.
F-350 ,2006,XLT,SD,LB,EC,6.0LT,Auto,SRW.
5W Cruiser 2006 CF29CK Crossroad
RVing 4-5 months every summer since 2002.
P.A,Escapee club memeber,TomTom Go 5606
Website
6 REPLIES 6

Explorer
Explorer
For an RV, a trip planner that does not take into account that you are in an RV with height restrictions and road restrictions, is useless. This one just put me on a road restricted to vehicles 7'10" and shorter. Of course, Streets and Trips and most online route planners and mapping software would do the same. What we need is a website that routes RVs and not cars.
Roadtrek 190 Popular 2011

Meryl and Me Hit the Road

barth
Explorer
Explorer
Streets and Trips is all I use

Fizz
Explorer
Explorer
People are missing the point here.
It's 'another' map planner, a new tool to add to your list.
There are many out there.
It's always good to check different sources for proper planing.

Thanks for sharing.

rr2254545
Explorer
Explorer
jcpainter wrote:
Thanks for sharing this.

I haven't explored many other trip planners, but I think this is a pretty cool tool. We RVers must often modify the route that any trip planner creates based on what type of roads we are comfortable traveling on. This program allows you to easily "click and drag" the suggested route to modify it to your liking.

What I found helpful on this planner the ability to click on "Find places" on the side bar and discover some things to do to break up a long boring route (across the plains, etc.)

I'm just starting to plan a long trip . . . what other planners are there that folks feel are exceptionally useful?

Microsoft Trips and Streets is what you want.
2012 Winnebago Journey 36M Cummins 360
2014 Jeep Cherokee
492 Campgrounds,107K miles driven in our Winnebago motor homes and 2360 nights camping since we retired in July 2009, 41 National Parks

jcpainter
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for sharing this.

I haven't explored many other trip planners, but I think this is a pretty cool tool. We RVers must often modify the route that any trip planner creates based on what type of roads we are comfortable traveling on. This program allows you to easily "click and drag" the suggested route to modify it to your liking.

What I found helpful on this planner the ability to click on "Find places" on the side bar and discover some things to do to break up a long boring route (across the plains, etc.)

I'm just starting to plan a long trip . . . what other planners are there that folks feel are exceptionally useful?

LarryJM
Explorer II
Explorer II
danoren wrote:
Here is a great,free and easy trip planner tool.

It looks like it's just a re-packaged GOOGLE trip planner so I'm not sure I see any advantages over all the other free trip planners out there.

Larry
2001 standard box 7.3L E-350 PSD Van with 4.10 rear and 2007 Holiday Rambler Aluma-Lite 8306S Been RV'ing since 1974.
RAINKAP INSTALL////ETERNABOND INSTALL