cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Verizon LTE voice + data same time?

GordonThree
Explorer
Explorer
Can someone with Verizon service test something for me?

Make a phone call to whomever, and while you're talking, try to access your email, or this website, or anything, with your WiFi turned off.

It used to be I could do both at the same time, as long as I had LTE service.

I've lost that ability to multitask. When I'm in a call, and try to access the Internet, I get an error that a data connection is unavailable.

I didn't use the feature that often, so I'm not sure when it went away.

I've gone so far as to do a factory wipe on the phone, with no improvement.

Anyone else?
2013 KZ Sportsmen Classic 200, 20 ft TT
2020 RAM 1500, 5.7 4x4, 8 speed
10 REPLIES 10

cpaulsen
Explorer
Explorer
We do it all the time with our phones on and internet at the same time.
cpaulsen

strollin
Explorer
Explorer
I've been able to do voice+data on my Android phones on Verizon for around 6 years.
Me, her, 2 boys & 2 girls
'05 Chevy 2500HD LT 4x4, D/A
Reese Dual Cam HP
'04 Wilderness Advantage 290FLS
Twin Honda 2000s

"I'd rather wear out than rust out!"

See our pics here

96Bounder30E
Explorer II
Explorer II
Moved from tech issues
Eric
96 Bounder 30E-F53(460)
stock Ford intake w/K&N air filter
used Thorley headers
new Banks resonator, muffler, tail pipe and 4" polished SS exhaust tip

mike-s
Explorer
Explorer
That was a iPhone limitation, not a Verizon one.

otrfun
Explorer II
Explorer II
I've always been under the impression (at least with the previous generations of Verizon iPhones) that you couldn't surf and talk at the same time with Verizon. I believe with the introduction of the Verizon iPhone 6 you can now surf and talk as long as you're using "VoLTE".

One of the major reasons I've stayed with AT&T iPhones all these years has been the ability (at least since the iPhone 3S) to surf and talk using 3G, 4G, and LTE, seamlessly,without the use of any presets or special software/firmware upgrades

RinconVTR
Explorer
Explorer
I can talk on the via bluetooth in the car, access images/email/apps, and have my Wifi hotspot on...all at the same time.

I dont know a thing about HD voice.

mike-s
Explorer
Explorer
HD Voice isn't necessarily required for voice + data. My HTC Thunderbolt did V+D on the VZW 3G network 5 years ago.

It's phone dependent - some models do it, others don't, some require "Advanced calling/HD Voice".

GordonThree
Explorer
Explorer
Found out what happened with some more Googling; a feature called "HD Voice" had been removed from my account for some reason... which allows newer phones (2015 forward) to do voice + data. Added it back, rebooted the phone and presto!

thanks for the quick replies all 🙂
2013 KZ Sportsmen Classic 200, 20 ft TT
2020 RAM 1500, 5.7 4x4, 8 speed

MrWizard
i did it yesterday with my Samsung S4
I can explain it to you.
But I Can Not understand it for you !

Connected using T-Mobile Home internet and Visible Phone service
1997 F53 Bounder 36s

brirene
Explorer
Explorer
Just did that yesterday and had no problems. Probably some simple setting that got changed during an update. Hopefully someone can tell you just what to look for. Actually, dw just called while I was typing this.
Jayco Designer 30 RKS Medallion pkg, Trail Air pin
'05 F350 6.0 PSD CC 4x4 DRW LB B&W Companion, Edge Insight

“Certainly, travel is more than the seeing of sights; it is a change that goes on, deep and permanent, in the ideas of living." Miriam Beard