cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windows 10 - Anniversary Edition?

DD716TED
Explorer
Explorer
After taking several months of getting familiar with Windows 10, yesterday one of my computers upgraded itself to Windows 10 Ver 1607 which I assume is the Anniversary Edition??? It took forever to complete but I was never asked if I even wanted to install it! Why did this happen? Was it that auto update did it? Bottom line is that this morning several of my installed programs have either forced me to reload them againor re-enter registration data and one even gave me the message Not Compatible with current version of Windows... It worked yesterday with Win 10 (prior version) but not today with 1607.. Just wanted to give Win 10 users a heads up on what I experienced..
17 REPLIES 17

ng2951
Explorer
Explorer
Plus the fact that Win 10 will switch off the network on boot up for reasons unknown. There have been lots of solutions but have completely fixed the problem.

Best solution is to stay on Win7
Foard County News & Sassy Schoolmarm
with Chloe, Belle, & Danke
2017 GD Imagine 2800BH
2017 53 days camping
'07 GMC Sierra 2500HD Classic 4x4 LBZ Duramax Diesel
Honda 2000sThe Bayou Bounty Hunters Cowboy Club
The Single Action Shooting Society

phillyg
Explorer II
Explorer II
The update changed my log in and I can't use my pin, and have to go thru a PITA process to change it back. Windows appears, by design, to make my life more difficult.
--2005 Ford F350 Lariat Crewcab 6.0, 4x4, 3.73 rear
--2016 Montana 3711FL, 40'
--2014 Wildcat 327CK, 38' SOLD

darsben1
Explorer
Explorer
It is well known for months that this happens and you have 30 days to go back to the original edition of windows 10
Traveling with my best friend, my wife in a 1990 Southwind