cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1997 Panasonic Microwave

Metaphor_7182
Explorer
Explorer
Bit lost here. Microwave was working just fine, now cuts off o/a one second after pressing the start button. :? Programing for the clock (keeps accurate time for 12 hours) fine, defrost, differing power levels, hold warm, child lock out ect., all good. Tap the ‘Start” button up comes; 88.88 unit stops. :? Has this happened to anyone out there in RT Trek land? Is it time for a new unit? :h
6 REPLIES 6

98_Storm
Explorer
Explorer
I had the same problem with my Panasonic microwave. I unplugged it for 24 hours, plugged it back in, set the time and tested it -- it works fine now.

2012Coleman
Explorer II
Explorer II
Time to introduce it to the trash heap. The newer ones are more efficient - plus you get something new for the TT.
Experience without good judgment is worthless; good judgment without experience is still good judgment!

2018 RAM 3500 Big Horn CTD
2018 Grand Design Reflection 303RLS

cherrykiss3
Explorer
Explorer
Mine that I got in 1980 just died last week. It was very sad!! It is the only microwave my boys knew growing up.lol

I would say it has lived a nice long live.

Cherry

bukhrn
Explorer III
Explorer III
Don't have a Panasonic in the MH, but bought a new one for the house in 1984,I had to get rid of it in 2010, because they no longer made the part I needed to fix it.
You would think they'd make them to last longer than that. :B
2007 Forester 2941DS
2014 Ford Focus
Zamboni, Long Haired Mini Dachshund

westend
Explorer
Explorer
More than likely, the computer is seeing an electrical fault and spitting up that code.If I had to guess, the transformer or transducer is shot.

FWIW, I was chatting with the sales help at a retail outlet while the Polish Princess was picking out her new microwave. I mentioned to him that our Amana Radar-range had expired almost 15 years exactly to it's build date. He replied that the new machines were built with lower quality control and parts reliability but that they also cost 1/3 of what we paid for the Amana. He also noted that I could expect about 1/3 the lifetime. He was probably right but the Sharp we purchased is over 10 yrs. old and still humming.
'03 F-250 4x4 CC
'71 Starcraft Wanderstar -- The Cowboy/Hilton

2gypsies1
Explorer
Explorer
It's time......
Full-Timed for 16 Years
.... Back in S&B Again
Traveled 8 yr in a 40' 2004 Newmar Dutch Star Motorhome
& 8 yr in a 33' Travel Supreme 5th Wheel