cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

prolandsurveyor
Explorer
Explorer
Just curious to what age where you when you bought your first R.V...I was 27 and bought a pop up...37 now and got a TT
2013 Thor majestic 28a
1971 vw superbeetle
118 REPLIES 118

Escargot
Explorer
Explorer
A new-to-me 1961 VW Westfalia when I was 22 years old.

Prior to that sleeping bag/no-tent camping since 8 years old. The experiences and appreciation of camping was one of the many gifts bestowed by summer camp in the Catskills upon this inner city kid.
2006 Pleasure Way Plateau TS, MB Sprinter

allen8106
Explorer
Explorer
I was 47 when i bought my first used TT, an excellent Jayco 23 footer.
I was 48 when I bought my second TT, a new 32 foot Puma.
I was 51 when I traded the PUMA on my first new Jayco 5ver.
2010 Eagle Super Lite 315RLDS
2018 GMC Sierra 3500HD 6.6L Duramax

2010 Nights 45
2011 Nights 70
2012 Nights 144
2013 Nights 46
2014 Nights 49
2015 Nights 57
2016 Nights 73
2017 Nights 40
2018 Nights 56
2019 Nights 76
2020 Nights 68

prolandsurveyor
Explorer
Explorer
I wouldn't take buying a camper for anything. Great memories.
2013 Thor majestic 28a
1971 vw superbeetle

ddschuman
Explorer
Explorer
Tent camped with my family from 2-16yrs old. Went tent camping with my DH and 4 sons a few times but didn't enjoy it as much as when I was younger. I wanted a bathroom and running water within close proximity. Looked at TT a few times over the years but never jumped in to buy one until we bought a used 5W to live in while we built our home almost 9 years ago. It was only 28' and we then had 3 teenage boys at home. This was quite an experience! Got rid of the 5W as soon as we closed on the house...thought I never wanted to go camping again. 8 years later, boys are all out of school (one still in college) DH & I bought a used TT and started camping again. We loved it but wanted something more spacious so we traded for a new FW. I only wish we had more time off to go more often...one day. We are mid and late 40's.
Escaping the real world in our "home away from home"
2016 Cedar Creek 36CKTS
2016 Chevrolet 3500 High Country Duramax Dually

aragtopkindaguy
Explorer
Explorer
Well I am a new poster and I think my info is up. "korbe" wrote about a V W and brought back some wonderful memories of camping (winters included) in a '70 V W Westfalia conversion ( no popup). We had a Hibachi grill and a 1500 watt electric heater and not much else. WE were newlyweds and I had to trade my 340 Dodge for something my wife could actually use the clutch in, so we ended up with the above. We were married in Dec. and always vacationed after Thanksgiving,spent tme at stone mt. and tenn. mts. in this rv. I am now in process of retiring to a rv ft, any and all advice is welcome
A RAGTOP KINDA GUY
S D

ericsmith32
Explorer
Explorer
22 when I bought the 5th wheel. Have been around RV's since the 2nd day after I was born. Over 100 degree's so my grandparents brought the motorhome out and me and mom slept in it so I was told. Currently looking at Class C's I'm 32 wife 36.
2005 Jayco Escapade 28ZSLP (3500 Chevy chassis)

Jaybird
Explorer
Explorer
Me 23, The Boss 21
First pop up Travel Mate -Bought for cash with our first income tax
check together
35 Starcraft with hotwater heater,all bells and whistles
40 VW Westy
45 second Starcraft
50 Class C Fleetwood Jamboree Rallye
60 Class A Fleetwood Southwind
32' Fleetwood Southwind,
Chevrolet HHR with Stowmaster
"Wrong side of the fence for the rest of the State of California"

KFS
Explorer
Explorer
Camped in big RV with grandparents as a child.

Tent camped for about 8 years with husband and kids (kids age 4 and 6 at start. Parents mid-30's ๐Ÿ˜‰

Husband found great deal on used but clean 21' 5th Wheel 2+ years ago and we've been hooked ever since.

We love our camper and would hate to go back to a tent (I think I'd pass). We are avid boaters so the camper and boat are our "family vacations." Other people go to Disneyworld - we go to the lake ๐Ÿ™‚

WandaLust2
Explorer
Explorer
Early 60s here. But years ago, in another time and place, I camped with friends in a Van conversion and in summer, a tent. The van was something like a Class-B. DH never camped before age 61.
Mrs. WandaLust. Retired. Middle TN
1999 Fleetwood SouthWind 32'
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

discovery4us
Explorer
Explorer
age 24 in 1999 we bought our first, 1999 24' wilderness fifth wheel, 2003 picked up a second hand cabover for quick weekend trips. 2005 36DS12 Raptor TH fifthwheel. all of those are sold including the tents and now we enjoy a 1999 Fleetwood Discovery pusher bought second hand in 2011.

pawatt
Explorer
Explorer
18, bought an old travel trailer to sleep in while working road construction.
pawatt

prolandsurveyor
Explorer
Explorer
I enjoy reading all these stories it amazes me that people from different walks of life enjoy camping.
2013 Thor majestic 28a
1971 vw superbeetle

jetboater454
Explorer
Explorer
Motorcycle tent camped from 16 to 19.Then got a Viking pop up at 20.Had it about 4 years,then back into boating until the 90's when got a lot and trailer,still boating though,upgraded to a 5'er. Now since retirement have the toy hauler and boat.
2011 Toyota Tundra DC Long Bed
2001 Harley Dyna Lowrider

prolandsurveyor
Explorer
Explorer
Great stories! I enjoy reading everyone of them!
2013 Thor majestic 28a
1971 vw superbeetle