cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Anyone Bring The Bean Bag Toss Game (Corn Hole) To Camp?

goreds2
Explorer
Explorer
I was just wondering if anyone brings this type of game to a campsite with them. I plan on just bringing one of the two boards with me next week.
See Picture In My Profile
I have a 1989 Dodge XPLORER RV Class B - Purchased 10/15/10 IN CASH
Fiance' purchased a Class C 2002 Dynamax Carri-go on 5/1/15 IN CASH
We've got the best of both worlds
278 REPLIES 278

Bucky_Badger
Explorer
Explorer
tjschaefer wrote:
I've seen the game with one hole and three holes. Which is it supposed to be?

"Officially"1 hole
2010 F150 5.4, 3.55, 4x4, Equli-z-er Hitch
2007 Forest River Salem 27RB LE
and
2009 Nomad 3980

goreds2
Explorer
Explorer
๐Ÿ˜› Here is a unique wedding gift.

tjschaefer
Explorer
Explorer
I've seen the game with one hole and three holes. Which is it supposed to be?

WVTravco
Explorer
Explorer
smsage999 wrote:
mister_d wrote:
Jim102 wrote:
I like "Washers", we don't get as many odd looks when we are looking for people to play washers, yelling "Does anyone want to play Corn Hole?" is different.....

Jim

We bring our game of "Horse Balls" with us every trip... you could also call it "Ladder Golf" but where's the fun in that?

Tears in my eyes. This thread is the comic releief I needed while working here in Amsterdam. YEst the term "Cornhole has a totally different meaning here too"

What's really funny is that we also have the "Ladder Ball" game. Well, my 4 year old son wanted to play the game so he took the set of golf balls on the string. He kept the red set and gave the other set to my husband which was...wait for it...

The BLUE set. He said "Here Daddy, you've got blue balls." We all about died laughing. So at my house we have two games: Cornhole and Blue balls. I know, it's terrible. But it sure is funny!
Me(37), Hubby(36), Little Man(11), Princess(5), Boxer(6)
1972 Travco 270-Fezzik
TVs-2004 4Runner, 2002 Ford F-350 Super Duty Diesel
2006 Bass Tracker 175
Coleman Sundome 6 tent
"More is not enough, too much is just right"

DerekandRachel
Explorer
Explorer
We bring this game:
Horse Balls / Ladder Golf.

I have a home made version that I put together a couple years ago something like this. There's a few different versions out there. It's a ton of fun and perhaps not quite a noisy as the bean bag game for those who are disturbed by the thunderous noise of bean bags hitting wood...
2010 Fun Finder X210WBS
1996 Toyota 4Runner V6
Derek, Rachel and Tucco (black lab)
Blue Ox Sway Pro WDH

SpindlyJim
Explorer
Explorer
We're planning on taking our game with us next trip.
We've just changed from a 12' tent-trailer to a 24' travel-trailer. I'll put the "bean bag toss" game with our bocce balls. Both are good games for quiet Sat. afternoons in the CG.

(Don't read too much into the cornhole/balls please!)
2006 Titan Crewcab 4x4 towing a 2008 24' TravelAire Rustler
1 wife, 2 boys, 1 dog

goreds2
Explorer
Explorer
A great clean corn hole game music video.About 2 1/2 minutes.

ripperoo
Explorer
Explorer
WandaLust2 wrote:
ripperoo wrote:

Oh, and old curmudgeons who isist on clearing their throat and hacking up a gooey soggy one at 6am in the morning when you're trying to sleep in.

Have you ever stepped in one of these gooey soggy ones spit in the grass or on the CG road? Drag it into your camper?

Nope, did step in gum last weekend though. Caught before getting into the camper luckily.
2012 Ford F250 Super Duty, SC 4x4 XLT, 6.2L, 3.73 gears
2011 Keystone Sprinter Select 29BH

ripperoo
Explorer
Explorer
WandaLust2 wrote:
ripperoo wrote:

Sounds like you're doing it wrong. I WOULD NOT go to a campground full of kids, dogs etc. parked among so many other campers and expect to "listen to the sounds of nature." All you're going to hear is other's having fun, and your own blood pressure boiling.

So tell me, where do you find all those campgrounds so noisy with people having fun that they sound like the middle of Broadway and 42nd St in NYC? What do you find so appealing about repetitious noise? Do you go camping to be round noise? Is that because you live in dead quiet rural areas and need stimulation when you go camping?

Nope, live in the city. Every campground I've gone to has been full of kids running around playing and yelling, dogs playing and barking, horseshoes, cornhole, basketball, volleyball, laughter etc. Not sure where you'd go to have the peace and quiet you're looking for.
2012 Ford F250 Super Duty, SC 4x4 XLT, 6.2L, 3.73 gears
2011 Keystone Sprinter Select 29BH

WandaLust2
Explorer
Explorer
ripperoo wrote:

Oh, and old curmudgeons who isist on clearing their throat and hacking up a gooey soggy one at 6am in the morning when you're trying to sleep in.

Have you ever stepped in one of these gooey soggy ones spit in the grass or on the CG road? Drag it into your camper?
Mrs. WandaLust. Retired. Middle TN
1999 Fleetwood SouthWind 32'
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

WandaLust2
Explorer
Explorer
DUNEBUGGYDOUG wrote:
all the people of TN. are not like WANDALUST.some of us are nice people who enjoy having a good time

What do you consider "a good time?"

WandaLust2
Explorer
Explorer
ripperoo wrote:

Sounds like you're doing it wrong. I WOULD NOT go to a campground full of kids, dogs etc. parked among so many other campers and expect to "listen to the sounds of nature." All you're going to hear is other's having fun, and your own blood pressure boiling.

So tell me, where do you find all those campgrounds so noisy with people having fun that they sound like the middle of Broadway and 42nd St in NYC? What do you find so appealing about repetitious noise? Do you go camping to be round noise? Is that because you live in dead quiet rural areas and need stimulation when you go camping?

Kurt_Clarke
Explorer
Explorer
I think I am going to have try that one - nice break from sudoku!
Get the Airforce Screensaver and Supoprt Our Troops!
http://www.oneflag.us

WandaLust2
Explorer
Explorer
goreds2 wrote:
I was just wondering if anyone brings this type of game to a campsite with them. I plan on just bringing one of the two boards with me next week.

Did you?

DUNEBUGGYDOUG
Explorer
Explorer
all the people of TN. are not like WANDALUST.some of us are nice people who enjoy having a good time