RV Newbies
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

New to RVing in the U.S.

G'day, We will be travelling all over the U.S. & would really appreciate some advise on which is the best campground franchise to join as far as locations, value for money, discounts for members, awesomeness etc. we are a family with 3 young girls. A...

Mik68 by Explorer
  • 28 replies
  • 0 likes

Best RV + TV for less than $10k?

I'm (newly) single and poor, have been living in the jungle here in Central America, and about to return to the states, where I have no vehicle or home. I am planning to live on the road for the next 6 months to a year. I have a budget of less than $...

merman by Explorer
  • 22 replies
  • 0 likes

rv shows

Yes or noIs it better to buy at a show or not???? I am thinking of waiting til the big Hershey RV show but do not know if I will get a better deal or not...what is everyone's opinion????

on board generators

I am new to RVing, purchased a 2013 Thor Class C. After my RV had set for approx. a month this past winter, I was preparing for a trip and when I tried to start the motor both batteries were dead and I had to have a battery service out to jump both ...

TPMS. Necessary or just peace of mind?

Pulling a 31' toy hauler with an F350 dually. How important is it to have a TPMS? Just how frequently are trailer tires blowing out around here?This would be an aftermarket for truck and trailer. Was thinking about TireMinder: http://www.amazon.c...

Sinking Couch Cushion

Hello all...So we have an older Southwind and the couch likes to suck us up. Short of replacement anyone know a good fix. I was thinking 1/4" plywood between the cushions.Thank youRich

mobile broadband

this question is probably on this forum somewhere...we are trying get all of our details together, as we will be going full-time in just a few weeks, and my last issue is which mobile broadband service has the best coverage, and i'm looking for any h...

revsarah by Explorer
  • 15 replies
  • 0 likes

Camping for Minors

Hi everyone! I'll be taking my first long term camping trip over the summer shortly in Florida, but understand that me being a minor could make getting campground/rv park lots difficult. I know that it's because of contract laws, but am wondering if ...

CampCav by Explorer
  • 19 replies
  • 0 likes

2011 THOR FOUR WINDS TRAVEL TRAILER--DOOR SPLIT

We bought 2011 Thor Four Winds travel trailer in 2010. We use wanted to sell our camper and upgrade (no trade in). We placed it on the dealers lot that we bought from as a consignment. Went back to pick the camper up and found that the "paint fade...

SHBDISP by Explorer
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Doing My Homework First

My wife (Herself) and I are finally retired and able to plan our escape to serious RVing. We are in the early planning stages and not in a rush. We would like to use our 2001 F150 4X4, but only if we can find a comfortable RV that it can pull safely....

New to fulltiming, need recommendations :)

Hi guys! I've been lurking on RV forums in the community for a few months now, and finally I'm all finished with the stick-and-brick and ready to go. I have the cash, but not the vessel just yet.I'm about to start touring again (full time) in an RV w...

ODBeef by Explorer
  • 15 replies
  • 0 likes

Connectivity in USA for Canadians

We have our first trip planned - we're going to take 2 weeks to get to Memphis and Nashville and back, in early July. I have two questions:1) Data / Phone rates. Any Canuck knows that the second you cross the border, the roaming charges are horrend...

Leveling blocks

Our class C has dual rear wheels. When we are parked at a site, do we need to place leveling blocks under both tires on each side, or is it acceptable to block up just one tire?

Grampa_T by Explorer
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes