cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Choosing Campgrounds from the Road

darrenlaiche
Explorer
Explorer
What is the best App or website to choose campgrounds for that particular night from the road? Thanks!
21 REPLIES 21

DutchmenSport
Explorer
Explorer
We use only 2: KOA and Good Sam. Works well. Usually one or the other is near or on our route, wherever we're going.

naturist
Nomad
Nomad
I, too, am a fan of the Allstays app. It does require 'net access to use, however. I've been using it from an iPod Touch, which is only wifi capable, but with a mobile hotspot, that's worked well. This shouldn't be an issue from an Android or iOS device with cellular data.

Deb_and_Ed_M
Explorer II
Explorer II
We also use the Allstays app - SOOO much easier than toting that big campground guide around.
Ed, Deb, and 2 dogs
Looking for a small Class C!

NCWriter
Explorer
Explorer
Allstays camp & RV. Along with RV Park Reviews.com.

Fizz
Explorer
Explorer
We do the same as Greydennyhawk described then I do a quick check for possible point in between those, just in case. Then you put Xs on the map.
With Google you can make it as simple or complex as you want.

Greydennyhawk
Explorer
Explorer
I have used Good Sam, koa etc. but what I find us doing lately has been to calculate where(when) we want to stop for the night. That is based on miles and route travelled, or time that we want to crash( not literally, just swig a few manhattans).
Then, on Google maps, I find a town, and type in under "search" RV parks, or campgrounds...
It returns usually about six or seven possibles, which we then discuss, or phone for specifics...
( the Wife usually wins this battle)
It has worked pretty well for us and I have met some great folks!
Safe travels
Denny, Rosie and Josie the Beagle
2016 Allegro 36 LA
2016 Mazda 3

Billinwoodland
Explorer
Explorer
darrenlaiche wrote:
What is the best App or website to choose campgrounds for that particular night from the road? Thanks!

I have had good luck with rvparky and rvovernight.
2008 Monaco Monarch 34 sbd