2015 Winnebago Vista 31KE
2012 Jeep Wrangler JK 4 door in raspberry

Visit us on YouTube @ OURv
25 REPLIES 25

BizmarksMom
Explorer
Explorer
upsidedown Charlie wrote:
Curiosity...please define storing as in is connecting from power . I intend to install a 30 amp plug so we can chill the refer the night before, top off battery and heat water. Also so we can use lights to store. I hate dead batteries.

Same storage question on propane. Before we install the outlet I had planned to use propane to chill the refer. Bad idea if leveled?

My trailer stays plugged in when it's tucked into it's garage. The fridge stays cold. The lights are available any time I want to work inside. And the batteries stay charged up and happy.

If I unplugged the trailer right now, the fridge would switch to propane. That's what it is designed for. No reason not to use it.

I still haven't had any success teaching the dogs to help me back. They keep wandering off to dig after gophers or play with the neighbor's kids.
2019 F350 towing a Nash 22H

time2roll
Nomad
Nomad
1? Never used a filter. Don't have one. No plan to get one.

2? Dealer threw this in with the sale so I use it. Does have an easier grip than the hose so I keep using it.

3 I have a Progressive EMS so I hope that counts.

4? Why? the EMS holds power off for two minutes and connects with it's own relay.

5? Do I have to check with a gauge or is visual and a kick OK?

6 yes very important so I can focus on the backing instead of being directed 😉 Radios? Just yell stop. I do not want a conversation.

7? spotter can spot themselves back there.

8? Water? I mostly use the tank. Otherwise just apply some forgetaboutit and have some fun.

9 unplug are you kidding and let the batteries drain flat dead? What do full timers do? How does he sleep at night?

10 OK propane off in storage seems like the one solid piece here.

upsidedown_Char
Explorer
Explorer
just me wrote:
theoldwizard1 wrote:
How many folks actually shut off the water and disconnect the electric if you are leaving you TT for a day or even overnight side trip ?

I turn off my water when I leave for a couple hours. I have witness to many floods when rigs have been hooked up and the owners leave to go to dinner or etc. lines burst inside, so we just turn there water off to save some grief.

Former boat dwellers, we never left a hose on because broken like mean boat sink.

If it's that risky to leave it hooked up for a few unattended hours, what about at night when I'm dead to the world. We have enough water tank to go a couple of days completely disconnected. But I would rather stay hooked. We are very accustomed to living off the tanks on the boat. If they leaked, the water was aboard already.

I definitely want in the support group.

upsidedown_Char
Explorer
Explorer
Curiosity...please define storing as in is connecting from power . I intend to install a 30 amp plug so we can chill the refer the night before, top off battery and heat water. Also so we can use lights to store. I hate dead batteries.

Same storage question on propane. Before we install the outlet I had planned to use propane to chill the refer. Bad idea if leveled?

just_me
Explorer
Explorer
theoldwizard1 wrote:
How many folks actually shut off the water and disconnect the electric if you are leaving you TT for a day or even overnight side trip ?

I turn off my water when I leave for a couple hours. I have witness to many floods when rigs have been hooked up and the owners leave to go to dinner or etc. lines burst inside, so we just turn there water off to save some grief.
95 Dodge CC #5 TST plate Flame Red/Silver
not totaly stock
2007 fiver
Tag Ma-haul has been suggested for a name but now The Shoe box

mgirardo
Explorer
Explorer
4, 5 and 11 are about the only ones I agree with.

-Michael
Michael Girardo
2017 Jayco Jayflight Bungalow 40BHQS Destination Trailer
2009 Jayco Greyhawk 31FS Class C Motorhome (previously owned)
2006 Rockwood Roo 233 Hybrid Travel Trailer (previously owned)
1995 Jayco Eagle 12KB pop-up (previously owned)

theoldwizard1
Explorer
Explorer

Passin__Through
Explorer
Explorer
bpounds wrote:
Mostly just internet myths and tales. Waste of bandwidth.

Yes, but it is a fun waste.:B:B
2008 Chevrolet 2500HD Duramax 4x4 CCSB; Superglide 16k hitch w/3" lift kit; Titan 52-gallon replacement fuel tank :C
2007 HitchHiker II LS 26.5RLBG Mor/Ryde pinbox:B

bpounds
Nomad
Nomad
Mostly just internet myths and tales. Waste of bandwidth.
2006 F250 Diesel
2011 Keystone Cougar 278RKSWE Fiver

BizmarksMom
Explorer
Explorer
I've been trying to teach Bizmark and Maggie to spot me, but they keep wandering off to chase squirrels or beg for hot dogs at neighboring camp sites. Plus, they are hopeless with the walky talky - it gets slobbered on and chewed, then they bury it under some interesting smelling bush.
2019 F350 towing a Nash 22H

mowermech
Explorer
Explorer
bukhrn wrote:
DutchmenSport wrote:
I've broken all 11 at one time or another!
X2, many of them OFTEN.

X3, some of them year 'round. In fact, I am probably breaking a couple of them as I sit here!
CM1, USN (RET)
2017 Jayco TT
Daily Driver: '14 Subaru Outback
1998 Dodge QC LWB, Cummins, 5 speed, 4X2
2 Kawasaki Brute Force 750 ATVs.
Pride Raptor 3 wheeled off-road capable mobility scooter
"When seconds count, help is only minutes away!"

toedtoes
Explorer III
Explorer III
I figure if I get in the way of myself when backing, then I deserve to get run over.

As for vampire spotters, they have a tendency to get side tracked at the scent of blood or garlic - so they're not really trustworthy spotters. Especially around mealtimes.

But they are better than werewolves (who run off chasing every little critter) and mummies (who tend to get unraveled when they're stressed).
1975 American Clipper RV with Dodge 360 (photo in profile)
1998 American Clipper Fold n Roll Folding Trailer
Both born in Morgan Hill, CA to Irv Perch (Daddy of the Aristocrat trailers)

Passin__Through
Explorer
Explorer
DrewE wrote:
BizmarksMom wrote:
toedtoes wrote:
So I guess that means solo RVers are sinners by default...
Maybe we should start a support group.

"Hi, my name is DrewE and I...I back up mine RV without a spotter...."

Actually, that's not completely true; it's just that I'm most often my own spotter. In tricky situations, it can be a rather iterative process. I will admit I don't bother to check whether or not I'm still visible in the mirror before reversing, though.

What do you do if your spotter is a vampire? I understand they you can't see their reflections in mirrors.:B
2008 Chevrolet 2500HD Duramax 4x4 CCSB; Superglide 16k hitch w/3" lift kit; Titan 52-gallon replacement fuel tank :C
2007 HitchHiker II LS 26.5RLBG Mor/Ryde pinbox:B

DrewE
Explorer II
Explorer II
BizmarksMom wrote:
toedtoes wrote:
So I guess that means solo RVers are sinners by default...
Maybe we should start a support group.

"Hi, my name is DrewE and I...I back up mine RV without a spotter...."

Actually, that's not completely true; it's just that I'm most often my own spotter. In tricky situations, it can be a rather iterative process. I will admit I don't bother to check whether or not I'm still visible in the mirror before reversing, though.