cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Dealership Information

shelton463
Explorer
Explorer
I have searched numerous times throughout this forum for Dealership experiences. I want to get info on who has been happy with certain dealers and salespeople and of course the bad experiences. Can someone point me in the right direction or maybe another topic to post to.

Thanks
Me, my DW and 2 boys (15 & 11)
2011 F250 Powerstroke Short-Bed
10 REPLIES 10

summerhouse
Explorer
Explorer
I see on their website that American RV, in Grand Rapids carries the Sabre and has the 34 in stock in both 2013 & 2014. I had their website still up from looking up our salesman's name, couldn't remember his last name last night when I posted.
Good luck!
โ€œLight hearted I take to the open roadโ€ฆ Healthy, free, the world before meโ€ฆ The long brown path before me leading me wherever I choose.โ€ - Walt Whitman

shelton463
Explorer
Explorer
Thank you everyone for your information. I guess I need to update my signature. We live in southeast Michigan south of Detroit in a city called Wyandotte. We sold our Roo a little over a year ago and have been looking into the Sabre 34TBOK or 36QBOK. My tow vehicle is a 2011 F250 Diesel short bed. I have been looking at All American Coach in Toledo, Oh and Wana RV in Indiana. Looking forward to hearing more.
Me, my DW and 2 boys (15 & 11)
2011 F250 Powerstroke Short-Bed

summerhouse
Explorer
Explorer
Are you looking at another TT?
We purchased from American RV in Grand Rapids in 2009. Could not have been happier. The salesman was outstanding and the entire staff was friendly and knowledgeable. We have used their service dept. numerous times. Robert Wensel is the salesperson we have dealt with-great guy!
I cannot praise them enough!
โ€œLight hearted I take to the open roadโ€ฆ Healthy, free, the world before meโ€ฆ The long brown path before me leading me wherever I choose.โ€ - Walt Whitman

chris3403
Explorer
Explorer
I'll 2nd Holman Motors Batavia, OH both on the sale and service.
Bought a new 35ft 5th wheel in November 2010 but before I bought it I took their price to another Dealership that was 75 miles closer to me and on an identical unit they wouldn't come within $5,000 of Holman's offer.
The week after I bought it I took it to Texas and had some issues with it. Some of my own doing and some warranty work. Took it to a Dealership in Rockport, TX over 8 times to have the problems fixed. Wound up taking it back 3 months later to where I bought it. They fixed 2 problems that the other Dealership introduced while attempting to fix the original problems.
Pleasant sales experience and excellent repair work.
I've been to all 50 States but my RV hasn't.

Jim_Shoe
Explorer
Explorer
I bought my Roadtrek "B" from Holman Motors in Batavia, OH. and traded it for my current Fleetwood 'C' in 2003 with the same folks. They only sell TTs and 5ers now, but still service my 'C'. Happy with the deals and the service.
Retired and visiting as much of this beautiful country as I can.

DutchmenSport
Explorer
Explorer
Well, let me put it this way, we explored getting our (3rd) TT. It took 3 years, and we were SERIOUS at least 1 time each year. But, before that, let me go back a few years.

Our firs PUP was purchased from Mark's RV in Indianapolis, Indiana. The deciding factor there, was the salesman was 100% honest in directing us to a camper that our mini-van would tow without destroying the engine or transmission. And he was 100% correct. We drove that van for years and years towing that camper. Unfortunately, they are no longer in Indianapolis. I think they were bought out by another company.

Our first TT came from Tom Raper RV. The salesman was great! But I have no clue who he was now, that was too long ago.

When we looked for the second TT we went back to Tom Raper RV in Richmond, Indiana, and basically, they would not negotiate with us. They would not give us enough value on our current camper, so we moved on. Some time later we ended up at Stout's RV on the South Side of Indianapolis. And gave us the deal that Tom Raper would not. So we were very happy. This was our Keystone Springdale TT. Did I mention that Marks RV was sold out to Camping World and 2 about 2 weeks after we purchased from MARKS RV, the name was changed officially to CAMPING WORLD! FYI, they did more than excellent warranty work and repair work over the years, and will never complain about their service to us as long as we owned the camper. But ....

Fast forward again. Naturally when looking for a new camper again, we went back to Camping World. But there again, they would not negotiate and were not offering a good trade-in value. We walked.

Next couple years we visited a couple more places. The next SERIOUS attempt was Anderson, Indiana. Now Anderson, Indiana (Modern Trailer) is less than 10 miles from where we moved to about 5 years ago. So it was more natural for us to get service (and propane) from them as they were so close. They serviced our Springdale wonderful and we couldn't have asked for anything better. Modern Trailer also sells Keystone RVs.

So one day (earlier this spring) we saw THE camper in their lot, we fell in love with... and we negotiated. But they just would not give us the trade in value we needed.

Then this last Fall, we thought we'd attempt one more "stab" at a 3rd TT, and we studied, searched, and explored on the internet and found 3 contenders:

One at Walnut Ridge near New Castle Indiana, Modern Trailer in Anderson, and Mount Comfort RV near Indianapolis. AND we had enough $$$ to meet the difference in our "upside down" problem. We called all 3 RV dealerships and studied out the potential TT's we were considering, and for whatever reason, Walnut Ridge had the floor plan we were really looking for WITH the actual RV in stock. So, when we planned on visiting all 3 dealerships that Saturday, we ended up going just to Walnut Ridge. The salesman "Tim" was fantastic. He guided us to the camper we really were looking for ... not the one we "thought" we wanted! We sealed the deal and made the trade. They've been fantastic with follow up.

So, in my opinion, I think all of these dealerships were GREAT. And as frustrating as it was, I do understand THEIR position when the owner is upside-down on their RV.

Mark's RV (Indianapolis) no longer there
Tom Raper RV (Richmond Indiana)
Camping World (Indianapolis, Indiana)
Modern Trailer (Anderson, Indiana)
Walnut Ridge RV (New Castle, Indiana)

Of all of them ... I think Walnut Ridge is by far the best though!

westernrvparkow
Explorer
Explorer
There are literally millions of people who have bought RVs from dealers, and the vast majority are happy. If you were to narrow down your criteria, such as a location and an RV preference maybe you could get a few suggestions.

Randu
Explorer
Explorer
I see your from MI so let me toss out A&S RV in Pontiac, MI and Kitsmiller RV in Mason, MI as 2 dealerships I have had very good experience with. American RV in Grand Rapids was very good 12 years back but have not had any recent experience.

You might want to make your question a little more specific as to area or region. (South west Mi, Upper Mi , etc)

You also might give more information like your looking for sales or service. Some places have great sales staff but can't fix anything. Others have good service but sales may be difficult to deal with. Only a select few are good at both ends of the building.

Randu
2017 Chevy 3500HD SRW Crew LTZ
4x4,Duramax, Allison.
2017 Jayco North Point 381DLQS
Previous: 2000 Travel Supreme
2005 Newmar Kountry Star
2008 Mobile Suites 36TK3

skipnchar
Explorer
Explorer
Be very CAUTIOUS about bad reviews. Remember you will ONLY get one side of the story and that from an unhappy customer.
2011 F-150 HD Ecoboost 3.5 V6. 2550 payload, 17,100 GCVWR -
2004 F-150 HD (Traded after 80,000 towing miles)
2007 Rockwood 8314SS 34' travel trailer

US Govt survey shows three out of four people make up 75% of the total population

Dog_Folks
Explorer
Explorer
North Trail RV in Ft. Myers Florida. They have all types of RVs, good sales people and an excellent service department to back it all up.

Not affiliated with them in any way, except a very satisfied customer. I personally would drive across the country to deal with them again, if needed.
Our Rig:
2005 Dodge 3500 - Dually- Cummins
2006 Outback 27 RSDS

We also have with us two rescue dogs. A Chihuahua mix & a Catahoula mix.

"I did not get to this advanced age because I am stupid."

Full time since June 2006