Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Seeking campgrounds with restaurant Buffalo->Florida Pan

Marcus_14006
Explorer
Explorer
Good afternoon, campers !

After a 30 month wait, I'm finally leaving. I purchased my brand new RV in April 2011. Immediately after that, my body plotted a revolt, and I ended up needing treatment for cancer. I am fortunate to have Roswell Park Cancer Institute close by. My treatments were a success?, and like I said, I'm leaving for parts south.

I am particularly interested in staying at campgrounds that have some type of restaurant. Not on any schedule or particular route.

Any ideas out there?

TIA

Marcus
15 REPLIES 15

tomkaren13
Explorer
Explorer
Lickdale CG, Lickdale Pa off I-81 has a deli with hot items but thier claim to fame is their Ice cream.

rambotheshark
Explorer
Explorer
Where I stay full time, the Linger Lodge, in Bradenton, Florida has a good restaurant on the grounds.

empty_nest
Explorer
Explorer
Marcus,

Glad to hear you're better now. Happy and safe travels!
2008 38' Winnebago Adventurer
2012 Jeep Wrangler (Toad)
03 Ranger 520 DVX - 225 hp. Evinrude

jspringator
Explorer
Explorer
3 that come to mind are Knight's Key in Marathon, Beverly Beach Camptown at Flagler Beach, and a campground off a gravel road adjacent to the Myakka River near Venice, Florida. The name escapes me, but the adjacent restaurant was pretty good. I like camping in campgrounds with nearby restaurants too.
Jim & Sherri
02 Winnebago Sightseer 27c Class A;
"Scout" Springer Spaniel, gone but not forgotten;
"Boo" Chocolate Labradoodle.

K_Charles
Explorer
Explorer
We stayed at 'something' camp and pizza years ago. Frozen pizza in a microwave, when the bars closed many peaple came to get a slice on the way home. It was a dump somewhere south of OH but I don't remember where.

Jim_Shoe
Explorer
Explorer
The only full service restaurant in a CG that I've seen was at the Mt. Rushmore KOA in South Dakota, but I didn't eat there. Someplace else, I don't remember where, offered a frozen pizza that they baked in their office oven for carry out, and they didn't deliver. A few CGs that had some food items in their stores, but it wasn't cooked. Mostly canned goods and maybe milk. Pretty hard to sell sit down meals to a CG full of people that all have on board kitchens and no dress code.
Retired and visiting as much of this beautiful country as I can.

wny_pat1
Explorer
Explorer
Marcus,
Can't help you with the campground/restaurant, but glad things worked out at Roswell. We're fortunate that we have it here in the back yard, and that they have not closed it like so many other hospitals here in the western part of the state. Just think of the ambulance ride for those folks with emergencies from from Gowanda or Silver Creek!!!
“All journeys have secret destinations of which the traveler is unaware.”

K_Charles
Explorer
Explorer
Twin Grove has a restaurant but I think it closes in Nov and opens in the spring. We stop there a few times a year and the restaurant isn't always open.

steveownby
Explorer
Explorer
Marcus 14006 wrote:
Good afternoon, campers !

After a 30 month wait, I'm finally leaving. I purchased my brand new RV in April 2011. Immediately after that, my body plotted a revolt, and I ended up needing treatment for cancer. I am fortunate to have Roswell Park Cancer Institute close by. My treatments were a success?, and like I said, I'm leaving for parts south.

I am particularly interested in staying at campgrounds that have some type of restaurant. Not on any schedule or particular route.

Any ideas out there?

TIA

Marcus

This place is 20 miles off I95 in SC:

http://hiltonheadharbor.com/

The SunSet Grill is on the property and is one of the best places to eat in Hilton Head.
Steve Ownby
2003 Monaco Signature

Full-time since 2007

fla-gypsy
Explorer
Explorer
I have seen a few in Florida. North Beach RV in St Augustine Fl and Wilderness RV resort near Silver Spgs Fl. I am certain there are others. I cannot attest to the quality of the offerings as I have never dined in them.
This member is not responsible for opinions that are inaccurate due to faulty information provided by the original poster. Use them at your own discretion.

09 SuperDuty Crew Cab 6.8L/4.10(The Black Pearl)
06 Keystone Hornet 29 RLS/(The Cracker Cabana)

Steve_S1
Explorer
Explorer
As a person that's been going through the same thing and kicking cancers butt I think that traveling will do you some good 🙂
2010 Cougar 25RL

gbopp
Explorer
Explorer
Twin Grove
Located just off Interstate 81, exit 100.

midnightsadie
Explorer II
Explorer II
I don,t no of a camp with a food joint, but cracker barrel has good food and a big parking lot, no problem to lay over for a night.

brirene
Explorer
Explorer
Hi Marcus! Can't help with your question, but will say welcome back, and congratulations on your positive diagnosis. Here's wishing you many years of problem free travel!
Jayco Designer 30 RKS Medallion pkg, Trail Air pin
'05 F350 6.0 PSD CC 4x4 DRW LB B&W Companion, Edge Insight

“Certainly, travel is more than the seeing of sights; it is a change that goes on, deep and permanent, in the ideas of living." Miriam Beard