cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Good potable water hose?

SCADAMAN29325
Explorer II
Explorer II
Just wondering what is recommended for a potable water hose?

Been looking at the Camco EvoFlex with the springs on the ends.

2x 25ft
1x 4ft or 10ft for filter to potable port.

I would think these are good, correct? I don't think I need to pay extra for the "best", keyword: think.

Should I consider others that are less costly?

Thanks, Phil
THANKS! Phil and LuAnn
1st timers, brought it home 2022-10-19.
1994 Fleetwood Jamboree Rallye
M-T31-Ford-460, 1994 Ford E350
I may not know what I am doing, but I am having fun doing it!
12 REPLIES 12

SCADAMAN29325
Explorer II
Explorer II
OMG, Y'all have been VERY helpful.

Thanks so much, Phil
THANKS! Phil and LuAnn

QCMan
Nomad III
Nomad III
You don't need a short length between the filter and the fresh water input. Put the filter at the water hookup with one of those really short hoses with the spring on it that come with the filters. That way anything that comes thru the hose is filtered and there is no filter hanging on the water input.

2020 Keystone Cougar 22RBS, Ram 1500, two Jacks and plenty of time to roam!
The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits. A.E.
Good Sam Life Member

wildtoad
Explorer II
Explorer II
ktmrfs wrote:
here is what I use. I have a 25ft and a 50Ft. takes up almost no space. Have used them for over 10 years now w/o any issues.

handi hose

I’ve had one for 15+ years and still use mine. The crank case broke years ago. Works great year round and without the case takes next to no space to store. Hard to find now.
Tom Wilds
Blythewood, SC
2016 Newmar Baystar Sport 3004
2015 Jeep Wrangler 2dr HT

rhagfo
Explorer III
Explorer III
Second Chance wrote:
SCADAMAN29325 wrote:
@Second, I choked on the price of that winter hose. Still getting used to this.

Thanks to all.

I agree - pretty steep. But the cheaper (think Camco and others) typically don't last more than a couple of winters and often have a terrible plastic taste. If you are full-time, as we are, and don't run from winter and very cold temps, it's more than worth it.

Rob

I find the biggest issue with heated water hoses is that only the hose is heated. Fittings before and after the hose are not heated, and prone to freezing.

I made my own with a standard water hose, heat tape, and foam pipe insulation. The heat tape is about three feet longer than the hose, I can wrap the faucet and the inlet at the trailer and really be protected.
Russ & Paula the Beagle Belle.
2016 Ram Laramie 3500 Aisin DRW 4X4 Long bed.
2005 Copper Canyon 293 FWSLS, 32' GVWR 12,360#

"Visit and Enjoy Oregon State Parks"

LMHS
Explorer II
Explorer II
I buy garden hoses that are designated "drinking water safe" or "potable water safe". They make them but you often have to order them online. I use the thicker hoses because I make my own insulated heated winter water hose. I also buy the hoses in much longer lengths and cut them into several different lengths (long, medium and short) and put hose menders and quick connects on the ends. It allows me to have a hose of the length I need without having a too long hose curled up. I store hoses in Christmas wreath storage bags. Neoprene foam insulation allows the hose to be curled up tighter than the polyfoam pipe insulation.

Dutch_12078
Explorer II
Explorer II
I use Flexilla hoses (Amazon has them) that remain very flexible even in sub-freezing temperatures. They're drinking water safe. In sub-freezing temps we just fill our water tank and use that after draining the hose.
Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F53 chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
Bigfoot Automatic Leveling System
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/Blue Ox baseplate

garmp
Explorer II
Explorer II
This is what I just bought to replace our Camco hose, which has served us well but was time to a new one, https://www.amazon.com/Flexzilla-HFZG525YWS-Garden-Swivelgrip-Drinking/dp/B06XWGC62L?th=1.
Haven't used it yet with the RV, but also bought one for home use. And the grip is terrific for tightening, especially with arthritic hands.
Our 2351D Phoenix Cruiser, Jack, has turned us from campers into RVers and loving it!

Second_Chance
Explorer II
Explorer II
SCADAMAN29325 wrote:

Thanks to all.

I agree - pretty steep. But the cheaper (think Camco and others) typically don't last more than a couple of winters and often have a terrible plastic taste. If you are full-time, as we are, and don't run from winter and very cold temps, it's more than worth it.

Rob
U.S. Army retired
2020 Solitude 310GK-R
MORryde IS, disc brakes, solar, DP windows
(Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
2012 F350 CC DRW Lariat 6.7
Full-time since 8/2015

ktmrfs
Explorer
Explorer
here is what I use. I have a 25ft and a 50Ft. takes up almost no space. Have used them for over 10 years now w/o any issues.

handi hose
2011 Keystone Outback 295RE
2004 14' bikehauler with full living quarters
2015.5 Denali 4x4 CC/SB Duramax/Allison
2004.5 Silverado 4x4 CC/SB Duramax/Allison passed on to our Son!

SCADAMAN29325
Explorer II
Explorer II

@4x4, 15' and 35' from a 50', I like that!

Thanks to all.
THANKS! Phil and LuAnn

4x4van
Explorer III
Explorer III
Whatever brand you decide on, just make sure it's "drinking water safe". I bought a 50' hose, cut it into a 15' and a 35' (adding the required ends). Usually the 15' is sufficient. Sometimes the 35', and rarely the full 50'. This way I only have to have what's needed out.
We don't stop playing because we grow old...We grow old because we stop playing!

2004 Itasca Sunrise M-30W
Carson enclosed ATV Trailer
-'85 ATC250R, '12 Husky TE310, '20 CanAm X3 X rs Turbo RR
Zieman Jetski Trailer
-'96 GTi, '96 Waveblaster II

Second_Chance
Explorer II
Explorer II
I use a Camco EvoFlex 35 ft. during warm weather (filter is inside the heated service bay) and this during the winter:

NoFreezeWaterHose

Both work well.

Rob
U.S. Army retired
2020 Solitude 310GK-R
MORryde IS, disc brakes, solar, DP windows
(Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
2012 F350 CC DRW Lariat 6.7
Full-time since 8/2015