cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

How would you like to try living in a luxury MH for a week?

Roads_Less_Trav
Explorer II
Explorer II
FYI - The Travel Channel is running a sweepstakes contest, and the lucky winner will get a 7 day vacation in a luxury Class A motorhome. The itinerary includes the Grand Canyon, Sedona and Navajo Country... You just gotta answer a few multiple choice questions...

If you're thinking about getting into RVing, this might be a fabulous way to try it out!! OR if you already HAVE a beautiful Class A (lucky you!) or something smaller, or even just a car and a tent for now, here are some tips for great places in Arizona to go this summer...

Travel channel sweepstakes AND tips for great places to RV in Arizona...
2007 Hitchhiker II 34.5 RLTG Fifth Wheel
2007 Dodge RAM 3500 Long Bed / Single Rear Wheel
Traveling full-time in an RV and sailboat since 2007
Our full-time blog: http://roadslesstraveled.us
-Stories, photos, and lots of RVing tips!!
12 REPLIES 12

wannavolunteerF
Explorer
Explorer
Since it has closed, maybe I will be announcing to all that I have won soon... I did get registered a few times, even as late as yesterday, so it must have ended May 31... I see Rio one runs 1 - 30 June.
2015 FR Georgetown 378TS

doc_brown
Explorer
Explorer
I already do
Steve,Kathy and Josh
Morpheus(Basenji)at Rainbow Bridge
2004 40' TSDP Country Coach Inspire DaVinci
350 Cummins, 3000 Allison
2014 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport S, Air Force One Braking, Blue Ox

davelinde
Explorer
Explorer
It's been a while since I was over there... as a kid my fav route from CG to Sedona was Schnebly Hill Road. I wonder if I could get the Class A through that OK?
Dave Lindemulder
Tammy, Mark & Kirsten
04 Dodge 2500 4x4 SLT QC/SB HO-CTD/48RE
01 Volvo VNL660 singled VED12
09 Heartland Cyclone 3210

Allworth
Explorer II
Explorer II
This appears to be closed.

The only thing that comes up on Travel Channel's website is a trip to Brazil. That might be interesting in a class A, but I don't think that is what they have in mind!
Formerly posting as "littleblackdog"
Martha, Allen, & Blackjack
2006 Chevy 3500 D/A LB SRW, RVND 7710
Previously: 2008 Titanium 30E35SA. Currently no trailer due to age & mobility problems. Very sad!
"Real Jeeps have round headlights"

bsinmich
Explorer
Explorer
EmilyandMark wrote:
Well, it would seem that in 7 days going between Phoenix and the Grand Canyon via Sedona you might travel 700 miles round trip. Call it 1,000 miles to be conservative. If you get 10 miles to the gallon, that's 100 gallons.

I think $500 would cover the fuel.

If it is a true luxury RV it is probably closer to 5 mpg. If you have that kind of money who cares about fuel economy. Last year my Daughter & SIL filled the tank on their '82 Bluebird for under $700.
1999 Damon Challenger 310 Ford

drae0814
Explorer
Explorer
That is awesome i want in i like crome glass lots of pushout and white leather and i hope it has a fire place
enjoy life while you can:D

05 Dodge HEMI Quad Cab
2011 Dutchmen Colorado 5th wheel 37 ft

Roads_Less_Trav
Explorer II
Explorer II
Well, it would seem that in 7 days going between Phoenix and the Grand Canyon via Sedona you might travel 700 miles round trip. Call it 1,000 miles to be conservative. If you get 10 miles to the gallon, that's 100 gallons.

I think $500 would cover the fuel.
2007 Hitchhiker II 34.5 RLTG Fifth Wheel
2007 Dodge RAM 3500 Long Bed / Single Rear Wheel
Traveling full-time in an RV and sailboat since 2007
Our full-time blog: http://roadslesstraveled.us
-Stories, photos, and lots of RVing tips!!

michelb
Explorer
Explorer
cherrykiss3 wrote:
They will give you $500 spending money too. That would be about 2 tanks of fuel. LOL

Cherry

It depends what exactly their idea of a luxury RV is (I suspect it might not be a luxury RV by many RVers definition) but many DPs have a 150 gal tank and even though I think AZ has relatively low fuel prices, $500 isn't even a full (150 gal) tank of diesel ...

NanciL
Explorer II
Explorer II
Who pays for the fuel ?

Jack L
Jack & Nanci

TexasShadow
Explorer II
Explorer II
Actually, we have a pretty nice MH already. A luxury MH would, in my opinion, just have more glass and chrome to clean and polish. and probably white leather sofas for our dog to scratch and get dirty and white carpet for him to get dirty.
It would be nice to have a MH with 4 slide outs, just to have to extra room.
TexasShadow
Holiday Rambler Endeavor LE/ 3126B Cat
Sometimes BMW K75 on Rear Carrier
Jeep Grand Cherokee or 2016 Ford XLT 4x4 super cab with 8 ft bed
M&G aux brake system
854 Watts of Solar Power

Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else.

cherrykiss3
Explorer
Explorer
They will give you $500 spending money too. That would be about 2 tanks of fuel. LOL

Cherry

rvjames
Explorer
Explorer
Who pays for gas? ๐Ÿ™‚