cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Is it possible to drain waste ?

thehippie
Explorer
Explorer
Is it possible to drain waste tank without the sewer hose? Just let it drain to the ground

I know it's disgusting but will the waste like urine come out even without the sewer hose?
52 REPLIES 52

old_guy
Explorer
Explorer
it only takes one time to make a believer out of you. there are a LOT of stupid people out there. ignorance of the law is no excuse. IMHO you have to be an idiot to not hook up a hose. they might do this in a third world country but don't even think of it around here. if I saw some one doing that they would be visited by the law.

dfm
Explorer
Explorer
thehippie wrote:
Is it possible to drain waste tank without the sewer hose? Just let it drain to the ground

I know it's disgusting but will the waste like urine come out even without the sewer hose?

I'm not sure where You might want to try this , but if it is at a dump station I want You to be right behind me when I give it a try.
If it is at a campsite Then Again I want You to be the next camper in the site right after I give it a try.
Looking at your previous posts it appears You may be relatively new to the RV scene , But come on man, use some common sense and some consideration for others!!
2015 Open Range 340 FLR
2012 Ram3500 Laramie Longhorn/Cummins
1 DW 1 Furperson

downtheroad
Explorer
Explorer
thehippie wrote:

Obviously a troll.
But, to answer the question....yes, but only if you are barefooted and are eating a sandwich.
"If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane."

Arctic Fox 25Y
GMC Duramax
Blue Ox SwayPro

bluie5
Explorer
Explorer
All I can say is, WTF is wrong with some people?
2016 Ford F-350 Super Duty CC PSD SRW 4x4
2018 Jayco Eagle HT 29.5BHOK

gbopp
Explorer
Explorer
I'm guessing the OP is not coming back to explain their intentions, or anything else.
Troll?

jfkmk
Explorer
Explorer
westernrvparkowner wrote:
Where are the "it's no worse than a squirrel peeing in the tree behind your site" people who always come to the defense of filling sites with their dog's waste?

Also missing are the "you gotta stand in human waste to boost your immunity" people.

As stated earlier, the OP was probably just trolling. Either that or "here's your sign....."

Johno02
Explorer
Explorer
This would be a funny thread if we all had not seen so many people doing exactly that. Its the same ones that spear poop all over the walls and floors in the bathhouse. And stuff the toilets with poop and paper so it stops up and floods the entire place.
Noel and Betty Johnson (and Harry)

2005 GulfStream Ultra Supreme, 1 Old grouch, 1 wonderful wife, and two silly poodles.

Roo_Camper
Explorer
Explorer
EWWWWWWW :E
RooCamper...
Retired and loving every minute of it !!

Peg_Leg
Explorer
Explorer
Wait until you get the Haz-Mat clean-up bill. It will make the cost of the RV seem very cheap let alone the price of a hose.
2012 Chevy 3500HD Dually 4X4
Crew Cab long bed 6.0 gasser 4.10
2019 Open Range OF337RLS
Yamaha EF3000iSE
retired gadgetman

enblethen
Nomad
Nomad
You need to use a hose and dispose of waste properly.
Dump stations still need a hose as the "let it fly" method makes an unsanitary mess.
Some areas allow you to dispose of grey water on the ground. I would still use a hose to get it away from the rig. There is caps that allow the connection of a garden hose.
Black tanks should never be dumped straight onto the ground.

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow

2003 Chev Ice Road Tracker

Dog_Folks
Explorer
Explorer
bsinmich wrote:
Some rock star did that on a bridge over the Chicago river a few years back and the people on the tour boat below got showers. When I drove tour buses that was the method used but they were over floor grates made for that purpose.

Not quite. In defense of rock stars everywhere; It was the DRIVER of the tour not the "rock star," of the Dave Matthews band.

He released 800 pounds of the stuff!!!! Gross.

Link
Our Rig:
2005 Dodge 3500 - Dually- Cummins
2006 Outback 27 RSDS

We also have with us two rescue dogs. A Chihuahua mix & a Catahoula mix.

"I did not get to this advanced age because I am stupid."

Full time since June 2006

filthy_beast
Explorer
Explorer
thehippie wrote:

I'd try it at home first to make sure you are doing it right!
Goody Two Shoes and the Filthy Beast
2008 Silverado 2500HD
2012 Wildcat 282RKX

You cannot make things idiot proof, you can only make them idiot resistant.

icanon
Explorer
Explorer
path1 wrote:
thehippie wrote:

No problem, To get a good view just remove plastic cap look real close inside the pipe and pull handle or have someone pull it for you. After that one time you might be a believer that is possible.

X2
Loving wife and 2 beautiful daughters.
Chocolate Lab, Lily
2014 Dodge Ram Laramie Hemi 5.7 with 3.92
2014 Dutchmen Kodiak 290BHSL
ProPride 3P Hitch
Progressive Industries EMS-PT30C
Love my Weber Q1200
Me a Happy man on retirement!!!

cbshoestring
Explorer
Explorer
I never use a hose.

I pull up to the dump station, align for proper trajectory, let it fly. Haven't missed, YET. :B

Stinky slinky is your friend. What could possibly be gained by not using it :h

bsinmich
Explorer
Explorer
Some rock star did that on a bridge over the Chicago river a few years back and the people on the tour boat below got showers. When I drove tour buses that was the method used but they were over floor grates made for that purpose.
1999 Damon Challenger 310 Ford