cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Is there a minimum amount one can finance an RV?

95jersey
Explorer
Explorer
Some of the finance websites I have seen say they will not finance anything under $8000.

Is that a general rule of thumb for most RV dealers?
18 REPLIES 18

95jersey
Explorer
Explorer
I am looking to finance maybe $6000 over 36 months on a $12k RV. I know it is very small but I like holding onto my cash, and I usually pay the loan off early and it helps build my credit.

westernrvparkow
Explorer
Explorer
Most lenders are not interested in small loans. They cost more to process than they can ever earn in interest. Rates will skyrocket on small amounts. You would probably be better off using a low interest credit card.

ol__yeller
Explorer II
Explorer II
Dealers don't really finance anything. They just sell your loan to their providers. The best way to finance is to get your own loan pre-approved before you go looking. I found my CU had the best RV loan rates, YMMV. This way you can ask the dealership if they can get a better rate. My experience is that they generally can't.

You will probably find that most lenders won't finance older RVs or RVs with high mileage (above 100K). Also the lower the loan amount, the shorter the time they would finance. Using your bank or CU also opens up getting a signature loan, an equity loan, or a refinance on a other vehicle to get you the cash you need. This information is being offered with no comment from me on the sensibility of any of these financing options.
I am NOT a mechanic although I do play one in my garage!

Terryallan
Explorer II
Explorer II
Depends totally on the bank you chose. You do not have to use the bank the dealer wants you to. Call your bank, Make your own deal
Terry & Shay
Coachman Apex 288BH.
2013 F150 XLT Off Road
5.0, 3.73
Lazy Campers