cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

MA trailer insurance?

Chaos
Explorer
Explorer
In the lovely state of Massachusetts, most insurance options are not options. I'm looking for insurance coverage for our trailer, and wondering what company other MA residents are using.
10 REPLIES 10

mikey98e
Explorer
Explorer
We got ours through our insurance agent using the same company that our car insurance is through (Commerce. It wasn't too expensive either.
-mike
Rose & Mike
2018 Tundra DC 5.7L 4x4 - 2013 Keystone Premier 19FBPR
Ruby the Red (Labradoodle)

Crowe
Explorer
Explorer
We've used Hanover for years. They are based on Worcester. Your agent should be able to steer you in the right direction.

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be

Douglas Adams

[purple]RV-less for now but our spirits are still on the open road. [/purple]

Allworth
Explorer II
Explorer II
Go online and check with "Gilbert RV Insurance". They are brokers for several companies and they specialize in our particular needs.
Formerly posting as "littleblackdog"
Martha, Allen, & Blackjack
2006 Chevy 3500 D/A LB SRW, RVND 7710
Previously: 2008 Titanium 30E35SA. Currently no trailer due to age & mobility problems. Very sad!
"Real Jeeps have round headlights"

otis-agnes
Explorer
Explorer
We use Liberty Mutual for everything. Agnes
Otis, Agnes and Penny & Twinkie (our rescue pups)
2018 Grey Wolf 23MK
2019 Ford F250

markandkim
Explorer II
Explorer II
I use USAA. But you must be a veteran at the least to use them.
Retired Navy

2020 Ram 2500 Bighorn 6.7L
2014 Crossroads Zinger 27RL
2022 Grand Design Reflection 315RLTS

jeddar
Explorer
Explorer
I use Liberty Mutual, covers my truck, motorcycle, utility trailer, house and property and Travel Trailer. Always had good luck with them. No agents, just direct salesperson. Had the same salesman since 1987.
2005 Dodge Ram 1500
2012 Springdale 293RKSSR
Camp with partner and Greyhound

Chaos
Explorer
Explorer
GMAC does not cover trailers in Mass.

2012Coleman
Explorer II
Explorer II
Policiy premiums vary from area to area even within states. Try GMAC. I use them only for my TT. Very happy with them.
Experience without good judgment is worthless; good judgment without experience is still good judgment!

2018 RAM 3500 Big Horn CTD
2018 Grand Design Reflection 303RLS

Chaos
Explorer
Explorer
My current auto company (Progressive) does not cover travel trailers as a separate rider or policy. When in tow, they will cover a max of $500 for the trailer. I'm covered legally, as in I can get a license plate, but that coverage is obviously woefully inadequate. Nothing for personal property (the contents of the trailer), no coverage when the trailer is not in tow, pittance while it is in tow.

I have found only one company that will cover the trailer as a separate policy, which gets me good coverage while not towing, but in order to have coverage while towing, I would have to move my tow vehicle coverage to them as well, and they are substantially more expensive than my current company.

poppin_fresh
Explorer
Explorer
Not entirely sure what you are asking and I dont live in Mass, but I added comp coverage to my camper for a whopping $44.00 year. When in tow its covered by the tow vehicle insurance so I only needed coverage for when not in tow.

Jon
2016 Bullet 274BHS
2015 Silverado 1500 Double Cab
Andersen WDH