cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Newbie here

Olddawgsrule
Explorer
Explorer
Hello to all! My first post and about to retire and get some time in on the road. Please work with me on my questions.

I'm open to all comments, well mostly those that help.. ha

My first step is to say, I believe I found the tag-a-long that I can work with.
It's a custom build and will have to wait for it. Something I'm willing to do.

My first concern was the 3 way trig/freezer. I've researched them a bit now and do believe on propane they use very little. Actual numbers are .18 a gallon per day. For my expected use of just propane, that's a couple months (plus). I also have learned you can run it while traveling, which would be the main use until Hooked up at a site.

The unit is setup solar and my intention is to go with the dual 200w panels. They're flexible style and fitted by the factory on the roof. This allows charging while on the move. Knowing what it really takes to re-charge (it's not always sunny ha..) it's seems about right.

I really need to get up to the factory and get the spec's right and let Wifey walk through it. This I hope to happen within 3 weeks (no, it's not close by..).

I have questions upon questions (probably some I have even thought of yet).

This looks like a active site and hope to be around for a bit as I go this.

Well, that's me for now.
Hello all!
Tent to Pop-up to 5th wheel, currently without and wanting...
9 REPLIES 9

Ductape
Explorer
Explorer
Welcome! Solar from the get go is a smart move.
49 States, 6 Provinces, 2 Territories...

Olddawgsrule
Explorer
Explorer
bikendan wrote:
Since you don't have your RV listed in your sig line, are you sure it's a 3-way fridge?
Usually only folding trailers and truck campers have 3-way fridges.

My apologies, 2 way frig.
Reality, that's still okay. I don't see running it DC at all (to great a drain..)
Tent to Pop-up to 5th wheel, currently without and wanting...

Jim2007
Explorer
Explorer
Hi.. Welcome to the forum.... Jim2007
TV: 2016 Dodge 2500 Diesel
Rig: 2013 Heartland, Sundance, 5th wheel

Lwiddis
Explorer II
Explorer II
"Actual numbers are .18 a gallon per day" Quit worrying about propane's cost. Isn't an issue regarding your fridge.

Why flexible solar panels? Glued to the roof? Hmm. Read about issues re flexible?
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

TexBohunk
Explorer
Explorer
Congrats on your soon retirement! The Fridge will use very little propane. The thing for me that uses propane is the furnace in the colder weather, but nothing a small electric heater or electric blanket help. Good luck!

DutchmenSport
Explorer
Explorer
Welcome to the forums and congrats on your new upcoming purchase. Don't be shy on these forums. Post something (almost anything), and you'll get responses, help, suggestions, laughs, and maybe even get a rise in your blood pressure! But it's all good! Welcome!

bikendan
Explorer
Explorer
Since you don't have your RV listed in your sig line, are you sure it's a 3-way fridge?
Usually only folding trailers and truck campers have 3-way fridges.
Dan- Firefighter, Retired:C, Shawn- Musician/Entrepreneur:W, Zoe- Faithful Golden Retriever(RIP:(), 2014 Ford F150 3.5 EcoboostMax Tow pkg, 2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255 w/4pt Equalizer and 5 Mtn. bikes and 2 Road bikes

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
Welcome! Sounds like you have a good idea of what you want and have picked a great trailer.
Your right, the fridge uses very little propane. So little that it's really inconsequential evne though it runs when driving.
You've got some great times coming!

Scott

DarkSkySeeker
Explorer
Explorer
Welcome to the forum.
There is something special about camping in an RV.