cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Paying taxes

Taylor2000
Explorer
Explorer
So I fI was going to put 30,000 in retirement can I use that as collateral or finance a toyhauler?
25 REPLIES 25

Old-Biscuit
Explorer III
Explorer III
Changing the title and asking it a different way doesn't result in different answers.

Talking with a tax/investment professional is what you really need to do.
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31

Old-Biscuit
Explorer III
Explorer III
It was in the wording of your title.......'Avoiding taxes' and the statements n your post......."Been offered 30,000 dollars in profit" & "That would keep me from paying income tax on that 30,000 right?

Seems you were looking for a way to 'avoid'

Talking with a tax/investment professional is what you really need to do.

Ask most any question. If they are inappropriate the moderators will delete, change, alter the post. Sometimes you might scratch your head trying to figure out WHY. :B
And you might get called out by others......such is the life of forums. Oh well :B
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31

darsben
Explorer II
Explorer II
Taylor2000 wrote:
ok I did not know, I was just told this. Im not trying to avoid taxes. Im sure Ill recieve enough of them by buying my rv. Seems like Im the only one in town paying my taxes on my other toys. Yards full of them and the city says its on a honest system. If the person doesnt come tell us we have no way of charging property taxes on boats, jetskis, snow machine, 4 wheelers etc. I pay mine every year.
Bu Im not trying to avoid taxes it was just a question for I need to put some in retirement

sniff sniff:R
Traveling with my best friend my wife!

Taylor2000
Explorer
Explorer
I didnt know that was a question not to ask. I hope i do not get removed. Im about to become rver like the rest of you out here

Taylor2000
Explorer
Explorer
ok I did not know, I was just told this. Im not trying to avoid taxes. Im sure Ill recieve enough of them by buying my rv. Seems like Im the only one in town paying my taxes on my other toys. Yards full of them and the city says its on a honest system. If the person doesnt come tell us we have no way of charging property taxes on boats, jetskis, snow machine, 4 wheelers etc. I pay mine every year.
Bu Im not trying to avoid taxes it was just a question for I need to put some in retirement

F105
Explorer
Explorer
WyoTraveler wrote:
You need a tax man not opinions from RVers

Right on - the Mods should have deleted this when it was first posted.

Poppy___Nana
Explorer
Explorer
HappyKayakers wrote:
This is a joke, right? Sure, we'll give you advice on how to avoid taxes so we can pay more.

Your capital gains would be taxed first. You're limited as to how much you can contribute to a retirement account each year. Anything you take out before retirement eligibility would be subject to immediate taxation plus penalties.

x2
Leo & Kathy
Upstate, NY
in the Adirondacks

2013 Rubicon 2900 Toy Hauler
2008 - Ford F250 Super Crew 4x4

Francesca_Knowl
Explorer
Explorer
ADAD437 wrote:
WyoTraveler wrote:

X2

X3

OR (A better alternative):

Give me the money. I'll have My Man in Nigeria invest it for you. Then the WHOLE THING will be deductible! ๐Ÿ™‚
" Not every mind that wanders is lost. " With apologies to J.R.R. Tolkien

ADAD437
Explorer
Explorer
WyoTraveler wrote:

X2

James,Gail & Pancho
2005 georgie boy Pursuit

๐Ÿ˜›

HappyKayakers
Explorer
Explorer
This is a joke, right? Sure, we'll give you advice on how to avoid taxes so we can pay more.

Your capital gains would be taxed first. You're limited as to how much you can contribute to a retirement account each year. Anything you take out before retirement eligibility would be subject to immediate taxation plus penalties.
Joe, Mary and Dakota, the wacko cat
Fulltiming since 2006
2006 Dodge 3500 QC CTD SRW Jacobs Exhaust brake
2017 Open Range 3X388RKS, side porch

WyoTraveler
Explorer
Explorer