cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

RV STORAGE IN MYRTLE BEACH

mlynds
Explorer
Explorer
I HAVE A 2011 CLASS A MIRADA WE WANT TO STORE IN MYRLTE BEACH IM WONDERING WHERE THE BEST PLACE TO DO THIS MIGHT BE.WE ARE FROM NEW BRUNSWICK CANADA AND WOULD BE TAKING IT DOWN IN NOVEMBER OF THIS YEAR
12 REPLIES 12

wbwood
Explorer
Explorer
RoyB, they (Lakewood/Ocean Lakes) charge extra to set it up for you. That's hooking it up, putting down the stabilizers, turning on fridge and A/C. But again, they have to have access to the inside of your RV, i.e. a key. But just to store it and put it on the lot (normally leveled side to side), is included in the storage fee. You will have to raise or lower the front to get it level the other way. It is very convienent. And really a good deal for beach lovers. If you can get yourself a decent TT/5er at a reasonable cost and keep it stored in one of those places, then paying about $500-600 a year for storage is worth it. Those homes there have to pay a yearly fee that's based upon their location inside the park. The further from the Ocean, the cheaper. Starting around $5000/year on up to I think $15,000 a year for ocean front. That's just the right to lease there. Then you have to buy the actual home. I would much rather spend $15,000-20,000 on camper and pay the storage fee and still have a "home" there. Much cheaper!
Brian
2013 Thor Chateau 31L

RoyB
Explorer II
Explorer II
We usually stay at the LAKEWOOD Resort when down that way. My sister has a place on the property. We see the staff towing RV trailers in and out of the property all the time from a RV STORAGE place across the US17 road from the resort.. There are several RV storage lots in this area.

I suspect the LAKEWOOD RESORT folks are setting up a RV trailer for someone that stays there all the time and when you arrive for your visit the RV trailer is setup and ready to go???? Then when you leave the RV trailer goes back to the storage lot...

Like WBWOOD says I probably would NOT like others having access to my property like that but it looks like alot of folks do this. Sure would be a convenient way to store your trailer.

Roy Ken
My Posts are IMHO based on my experiences - Words in CAPS does not mean I am shouting
Roy - Carolyn
RETIRED DOAF/DON/DOD/CONTR RADIO TECH (42yrs)
K9PHT (Since 1957) 146.52M
2010 F150, 5.4,3:73 Gears,SCab
2008 Starcraft 14RT EU2000i GEN
2005 Flagstaff 8528RESS

wbwood
Explorer
Explorer
Will the storage place deliver a motorhome? It mentions towing. They also charge $22.50 each way for delivery. Places in the south end like ocean lakes and Lakewood do not charge anything extra for delivery. But again, we are talking about towables. Never seen a motorhome at their storage facilities. Not saying they don't do it, just never seen it as we stored the TT we had at both places. The only problem I have with the thing like tippy toes mentioned (air on, fridge on) is that in order to do that, they must have a key to your camper and have access to it. That, I don't like. Especially if I was going to be 1000+ miles away.

I would look at somewhere that you could store it and then go to the location and pick it up yourself. Perhaps a mini storage lot or other place that offers rv storage.
Brian
2013 Thor Chateau 31L

Jim_Shoe
Explorer
Explorer
If you decide to use the storage folks in Longs, you can always stay at Willow Tree CG, just north of Longs. They aren't on the beach, but there's a large lake in the center and many of the sites have their own hot tub. A lot more room between sites as well. They're about 10 miles from Cherry Grove Beach. Not as crowded, and a lot wider than the beaches further south.
Retired and visiting as much of this beautiful country as I can.

owenssailor
Explorer
Explorer
Last winter we stored at Ocean Lakes. Service and staff were great. Unit was level on a site when we returned. Drivers seemed to be very careful. Not sure what the arrangements are for motorhomes. Easy to check with them.
2011 Jayco 28U
2012 Chev Silverado Crew Cab 5.3 6 spd 3.42 (sold)
2017 Chev Silverado Crew Cab 5.3 8 spd 3.42
Equal-i-Zer 1400/14000
RotoChocks

Randu
Explorer
Explorer
ford truck guy wrote:
A lot of the folks use --RV Storage

They are in Longs so they are away from the Every Day sea mist... they power wash before , they turn on the fridge before... I have spoken to a lot of campers in Myrtle Beach Travel Park that use them and will not use anyone else...

I have also been impressed with their drivers as I've seen them take their time and level the trailers they are dropping off and hooking up electric. They would be the people I'd call if I was storing. I don't know how they handle motorhomes as far picking up or dropping off at campground. Randu
2017 Chevy 3500HD SRW Crew LTZ
4x4,Duramax, Allison.
2017 Jayco North Point 381DLQS
Previous: 2000 Travel Supreme
2005 Newmar Kountry Star
2008 Mobile Suites 36TK3

wborst
Explorer
Explorer
If you are planning to stay at the campgrounds at the south end of myrtle beach, (Pirate Land, Lakewood, Ocean Lakes), some of them will only store travel trailers and fifth wheels. It appears that Tippy Toe only delivers to the north end.
Brenda, Bill
Our little dog Madison has crossed the Rainbow Bridge
2003 Newmar Mountain Aire 40ft. Spartan chassis
400 hp Cummins ISL

mlynds
Explorer
Explorer
ford truck guy wrote:

They are in Longs so they are away from the Every Day sea mist... they power wash before , they turn on the fridge before... I have spoken to a lot of campers in Myrtle Beach Travel Park that use them and will not use anyone else...

thank you very much for the help all. looks like this place may hold the most promise.

mlynds
Explorer
Explorer
ooops sorry for the caps lock

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
Please turn off your caps-lock, it's considered yelling.
Good luck.

Me-Her-the kids
2020 Ford F350 SD 6.7
2020 Redwood 3991RD Garnet

Terryallan
Explorer II
Explorer II
All the CGS have their own storage lots. So if you know what CG you want to stay at. You could put it there.
There are also several independent RV lots near the CGS. May just want to Google Myrtle Beach RV storage.
Terry & Shay
Coachman Apex 288BH.
2013 F150 XLT Off Road
5.0, 3.73
Lazy Campers