cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Several "Will Be Full Time" Questions

matemike
Explorer
Explorer
My wife and I have narrowed our search down to a Jayco Redwawk 26XS; any pro or cons will be appreciated. Also, I have read that some roads have a 96" width limit. The motorhome we are zeroing in on is 100" and we plan on touring the entire USA. What and where problems will we encounter.
And last (for now) this motorhome has a seamless one piece rubber roof; any problems. Thank you.
9 REPLIES 9

rolling_rhoda
Explorer
Explorer
For an extended trip you may want more inside storage for clothes, shoes. If you will be going without water hookup occasionally, a bigger water tank might be a consideration for you.
Have fun planning for your adventure!

TXiceman
Explorer II
Explorer II
As noted, while some full time in smaller, we could not work in a 29' RV. If you have not Rved before, I strongly recommend that you rent a similar sized class C and try it out before yo spend the $$$$.

Ken
Amateur Radio Operator.
2023 Cougar 22MLS, toted with a 2022, F150, 3.5L EcoBoost, Crewcab, Max Tow, FORMER Full Time RVer. Travel with a standard schnauzer and a Timneh African Gray parrot

2gypsies1
Explorer II
Explorer II
We have met full-timers in small vans. In this case, size does not matter...only what you think is good for YOU.
Full-Timed for 16 Years
.... Back in S&B Again
Traveled 8 yr in a 40' 2004 Newmar Dutch Star Motorhome
& 8 yr in a 33' Travel Supreme 5th Wheel

retispcsi
Explorer
Explorer
The minimum standard for roads is 102 in Most are wider
2015 Mobile Suites 38 RSSA. 2014 Ram CC DRW 4x4 60 gal RDS Aisin 4:10.
DW, Shadow, Remington and Ron. Living the good life till the next one arrives.

matemike
Explorer
Explorer
The length is not 26 feet, but is actually 28' 9", just under 29 feet.

ncrowley
Explorer II
Explorer II
You will not have any problems with the width. Are you new to RVing? Have you spent at least a few weeks in an RV? If not, you will want to look at the size of the RV you are full time use. The RV can feel smaller as time goes on.
Nancy
Newmar Northern Star

Valkyriebush
Explorer II
Explorer II
2gypsies wrote:
You will have absolutely no problems with the 100" width. Keep your roof clean and it will service you well.

Best of luck in your new lifestyle. We've loved it for 16 years. I would highly recommend that you join Escapees RV Club and get involved in them. We've met many wonderful folks through them and their Co-op parks are great. Until Oct 31 they have a membership special in honor of their 35th year. It's only $29.95/year. We've also used their mail service with absolutely no problems.

Also, if you get bored, try volunteering for a few months. It gives you purpose, helps out our public park, and it's a lot of fun. Good luck!

X-2 on all said. SKP's Great club, great people, great parks.
Command Master Chief (AW) USN, (ret)
2003 Fleetwood Excursion 330 Turbo Cat 39D
2000 Jeep GC
2005 Big Ruckus (Rides Behind Jeep)
2003 VTX 1800

oldchief7155
Explorer
Explorer
For my liking 26'is a bit small for full timing just due to lack of storage.

As per rubber roof, I've had rubber and fiberglass and would NEVER have another rubber or any kind of fabric again. Lots more work to keep half way clean.

2gypsies1
Explorer II
Explorer II
You will have absolutely no problems with the 100" width. Keep your roof clean and it will service you well.

Best of luck in your new lifestyle. We've loved it for 16 years. I would highly recommend that you join Escapees RV Club and get involved in them. We've met many wonderful folks through them and their Co-op parks are great. Until Oct 31 they have a membership special in honor of their 35th year. It's only $29.95/year. We've also used their mail service with absolutely no problems.

Also, if you get bored, try volunteering for a few months. It gives you purpose, helps out our public park, and it's a lot of fun. Good luck!
Full-Timed for 16 Years
.... Back in S&B Again
Traveled 8 yr in a 40' 2004 Newmar Dutch Star Motorhome
& 8 yr in a 33' Travel Supreme 5th Wheel