cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Watching these videos could save your life!

My_Roadtrek
Explorer
Explorer
Anyone who drives an RV should have to watch these videos.

RV Tire Information Videos.
http://www.michelinrvtires.com/tires/tires-101/tire-maintenance-and-safety/how-to-handle-a-blowout/
They are about 20 minutes long, so if you have a dial up it may take quite a while. You can request a copy of the video to be sent to you.
190 REPLIES 190

BarbaraWalls
Explorer
Explorer
Nice Video!

packnrat
Explorer
Explorer
i never tried to count my miles on the hwy with a rig, but have had many a blow outs, from just fast flat, to 100's of flying parts.
(for a time a guy at one company thought he was god, and bought a bunch of used carcasses, our tire retreaded junked at least half of them, no warranty on the rest, i had five tires blow out that year.)
worked at a place that had us go into a lot of steel fab places, got at least one flat a day.
now this company requires us to jump curbs with fully loaded trailers.
(fast food delivery and pulling 48 foot trailers). out of 100 drivers here, at least three a week. due to damaged tires.

but in 37 years never had a front tire go bad, only virgin tires there.
but maybe these videos should be a sticky. as many out there just do not know how to drive.
2006 F250 4X4 auto 6.0 short bed
2001 sunnybrook 24 ft
1984 cj7 built up a bit
kg6tgu
never too many toys, just not enought room to keep them
one dog who belives she is the master. rip 12 12 2007
12 loving years and loyal to the end.
just out having fun

sleepygeek
Explorer
Explorer
Good video, I have around 1 million miles driving a long haul semi-truck. Never had a blow out on the tractor, but a few trailer B-Os. Hoping my luck holds up in my Motor home. A must see video
My website
My Website
1986/87 E-350 Ford Mobile Traveler
Some Pix of progress

shivanidas
Explorer
Explorer
Such a excellent info which provides a lots of info and these videos are really useful.. thanks

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
Regarding the videos linked to above (Everybody should watch) Like many FMCA members I've met the "Stars" of that video.

But I learned from it.. And I thought I knew all there was to know about what to do when flat happens. but I learned from those videos so I was WRONG.. If you have not watched them. Good chance you are like me in that respect.

Something I should have remembered about towing from the rear....

The steering wheel lock is NOT strong enough for a rear tow. It has to be SEcURED so the towed does not destroy itslf.

in teh case of an RV I really would suggest NOT towing that way.
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

nancy_vinci17
Explorer
Explorer
Hi, I'm new here

This is the first post I saw and wow, we've come a long way. The first few posts were about the people struggling to watch the videos on a dial-up connection.

Nice video btw, still relevant!

SilverEscape
Explorer
Explorer
For any Canadians, the link will redirect to the Canada version which has some text but NO video. Change to U.S. after you click the link and you will see the video.

They showed travel trailers at the beginning, but not with blow outs. And they also said all vehicles were the same. So it's the same when towing?
2015 Jayco X213
2014 Ford F-150 Platinum EcoBoost

TTRV1
Explorer
Explorer
Thank you this information was very informative!

bronccat
Explorer
Explorer
Great video, thanks. Completely logical but not what my instincts would tell me to do - glad I watched it!

My_Roadtrek
Explorer
Explorer
I edited the link in my original post. It now goes to the new page.
How to handle an RV tire blow out.

carl2591
Explorer III
Explorer III
here is the new video address

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CseABfJL1FM
Carl2591, Raleigh NC
2005 Airstream Classic 31D
2003 Ford F-250 SD, CC, 7.3L modded diesel machine
Every day is a new day with potential to be life changing.

TomB_
Explorer
Explorer
My Roadtrek wrote:
Anyone who drives an RV should have to watch these videos.

RV Tire Information Videos.
http://www.michelinrvtires.com/michelinrv/toolbox/videos-demos.jsp
They are about 20 minutes long, so if you have a dial up it may take quite a while. You can request a copy of the video to be sent to you.

Link is not working....:h

geraldblizzard
Explorer
Explorer
if you werent able to see the video the main thing they said was to not hit the brakes..but to press on the accelerator to maintain forward momentum while you gained control of the rv.....not to speed up but to keep the momentum going in the same direction....enabling you to choose your place to pull over....I was impressed...excellent video and Im glad to have seen it...

RVWithTito
Explorer
Explorer
That's great info. I'll be passing that "What Every RV Owner Should Know" video along.

Thanks!
2007 Four Winds 31F Class C; Ford E450 Chassis; 250 Watts Solar;

RV Solar, Towing, DIY and Tips on my website RVwithTito.com
Watch My Video Tips at YouTube/RVWithTito

alexnogeek
Explorer
Explorer
That even a old driver may not notice.
Good video , folk .
Everyday is a new day .