cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Water pump keeps coming on...

tearza
Explorer
Explorer
Hooked up to RV Park water but my water pump comes on occasionally.
I have to keep turning it off. Has anybody ever had this problem?
John,Gloria three Maltese dogs & African grey parrot...
27 REPLIES 27

Allworth
Explorer II
Explorer II
Bad relay or short at one switch? Beginning to make more sense.
Formerly posting as "littleblackdog"
Martha, Allen, & Blackjack
2006 Chevy 3500 D/A LB SRW, RVND 7710
Previously: 2008 Titanium 30E35SA. Currently no trailer due to age & mobility problems. Very sad!
"Real Jeeps have round headlights"

Lynnmor
Explorer
Explorer
tearza wrote:
I have a 2004 fleetwood southwind 37c. If anybody out there has one they will confirm that it has 3 water pump switches and I'm not making this stuff up. My wife is not pissed off at me she is the one that keeps telling me the switches are back on...

Photos please!

tearza
Explorer
Explorer
I have a 2004 fleetwood southwind 37c. If anybody out there has one they will confirm that it has 3 water pump switches and I'm not making this stuff up. My wife is not pissed off at me she is the one that keeps telling me the switches are back on...

westend
Explorer
Explorer
I would bet that some of these switches are to control the water heater, hence the reference to an outside switch.
'03 F-250 4x4 CC
'71 Starcraft Wanderstar -- The Cowboy/Hilton

4x4van
Explorer
Explorer
tearza wrote:
Before I unplugged the water
pump outside it would be activated when these switches lit up...

Now I'm really confused. What do you mean "unplugged the water pump outside"?

As for the switches, the chance that 3 momentary switches for a latching relay are all going bad at the same thime is nil, although I suppose it could be the relay itself going bad. Does everybody in your RV KNOW that they don't need the water pump on when you are hooked up? That's a common misunderstanding; Someone may think they need to turn it on to use the water. Either that, or someone is messing with your head and turning them on when you're not watching. Piss off your wife recently?;)
We don't stop playing because we grow old...We grow old because we stop playing!

2004 Itasca Sunrise M-30W
Carson enclosed ATV Trailer
-'85 ATC250R, '12 Husky TE310, '20 CanAm X3 X rs Turbo RR
Zieman Jetski Trailer
-'96 GTi, '96 Waveblaster II

Lynnmor
Explorer
Explorer
I say give this thread a rest till he comes up with photos of all these phantom switches.

tearza
Explorer
Explorer
I have three switches kitchen,bathroom and outside by the
sprayer. They have all lit up and I keep turning them off.
The on in the kitchen lights up and I turn if off. The one in the bathroom lights up and I turn it off. Before I unplugged the water
pump outside it would be activated when these switches lit up...

opnspaces
Navigator
Navigator
I'm curious you say the rocker switches keep coming on. Is there more than one switch that is lighting up?

Do you just have to flip the switch in the opposite direction to turn it off? In other words one time you flip it down to turn off and then it comes on again and you have to now flip it up to turn off?
2001 Suburban 4x4. 6.0L, 4.10 3/4 ton **** 2005 Jayco Jay Flight 27BH **** 1986 Coleman Columbia Popup

BTPO1
Explorer
Explorer
tearza wrote:
I finally unplugged the wires at the water pump an it no longer comes on but the rocker switches keep lighting up an I have to keep turning them off. Has anybody ever had this problem?

If this is a single control station (one Switch) then it is possible that the rocker switch is worn out and in need of replacing. I would replace it and see if your problem is solved. Rocker switches are not that expensive. JMO
Jack
2003 Rexhall Vision 27'
2019 Chevrolet Equinox
States we have been to with this MH

Lynnmor
Explorer
Explorer
tearza wrote:
I finally unplugged the wires at the water pump an it no longer comes on but the rocker switches keep lighting up an I have to keep turning them off. Has anybody ever had this problem?

Post a photo of this switch/light.

tearza
Explorer
Explorer

bsinmich
Explorer
Explorer
Double post.
1999 Damon Challenger 310 Ford

bsinmich
Explorer
Explorer
It is entirely possible for a switch to come on by itself. I can turn my water pump on or off from any of 3 locations because there is a latching relay that holds the power on until the button is pushed again. I don't have to hit the same button to turn it off that I used to turn it on. Check wiring at all of the switch locations for a loose connection, frayed insulation or something similar.
1999 Damon Challenger 310 Ford

Cuffs054
Explorer
Explorer
Could you be hearing the water heater lighting on gas? They can sound like a jet when running.