cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Weigh in on argument with DW

samuraitowd
Explorer
Explorer
I had to rip out our white carpet in our class A and replace it with snap lock laminate which is much easier to keep clean.

I say motorhome manufacturers know the guy is already sold and they are really selling the whole experience to the wife. So they put in pretty, frilly, homey, impractical interiors to appeal to the ladies who have to leave their homes for a truck.
It makes me laugh to see the white carpets, frilly curtains and quaint little light fixtures.

She says I'm crazy.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Rick n Andi

Rexhall American Clipper 29': 2005
Suzuki Samurai; 1994
Jeep Wrangler 2005
31 REPLIES 31

obgraham
Explorer
Explorer
I just do whatever the little woman tells me to.

I'm still alive 45 years later.

Jim_Shoe
Explorer
Explorer
By the looks of most carpet, wall coverings and upholstery in most RVs, I'd guess the builders are getting a good price on these items from manufacturers that can't sell their product to the general public.
If you get hit in the head with a hammer often enough, it still hurts but you get used to it. Same with the designs and colors.
Retired and visiting as much of this beautiful country as I can.

dodge_guy
Explorer II
Explorer II
I say call her bluff! " it's either i'm right or your walkin'" she'll straighten out!

Trust me!!
Wife Kim
Son Brandon 17yrs
Daughter Marissa 16yrs
Dog Bailey

12 Forest River Georgetown 350TS Hellwig sway bars, BlueOx TrueCenter stabilizer

13 Ford Explorer Roadmaster Stowmaster 5000, VIP Tow>
A bad day camping is
better than a good day at work!

bradnailer
Explorer
Explorer
According to your wife, you are the one who probably got the white carpet dirty so I'm reckoning you lose all the way around.
2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee
2013 Coachmen Freedom Express 233RBS
Prior: Jayco Pop Up, Shasta Bunkhouse, Rockwood Pop Up

Rbertalotto
Explorer
Explorer
RoyB
Dartmouth, MA
2021 RAM 2500 4X4 6.4L
2011 Forest River Grey Wolf Cherokee 19RR
520 w solar-200ah Renogy Li-Epever MPPT

deleted-2
Explorer
Explorer
JRS & B wrote:
Thats Ok - I could not help but notice one is wearing mauve and the other peach. I'll just bet Heartland offers mauve and peach interiors, i.e. these ladies favorite colors.

LOL!
Could be

Actually our 2012 Greystone has deeper colors in the decor.
Dark cabinets beige\walnut whatever you'd call it fabrics.
Carpeting that looks soiled even tho it's clean.
Stone colored kitchen floor.

More like a mountain cabin I'd say.
Kind of inviting I thought.

RoyB
Explorer II
Explorer II
We had a bunch of real nice throw away carpet squares at work I snatched up real quick. They I went putting all of those around our off-road POPUP.

It was nice and cozy in the winter and looked great when I was done. Now everytime I walk into the trailer there is a trail of small leaves in the carpet.. Never noticed that with the vinyl flooring. I have to leave my boots at the door now... Momabear is certainly the boss here...

I have two things to think about when it comes to Mamabear - One is that she is always right - the other thing is she is a TEXAN and drives a big ole cadi with TEX as her license plate... There is no way anyone will cut her off on the road - believe me... Every TEXAN I ever met all shoot first then ask questions later hehe...

Roy Ken
My Posts are IMHO based on my experiences - Words in CAPS does not mean I am shouting
Roy - Carolyn
RETIRED DOAF/DON/DOD/CONTR RADIO TECH (42yrs)
K9PHT (Since 1957) 146.52M
2010 F150, 5.4,3:73 Gears,SCab
2008 Starcraft 14RT EU2000i GEN
2005 Flagstaff 8528RESS

Verne
Explorer
Explorer
Hi Neighbor!

Brenda and I are convinced that for us, there is too much "design" - most of which isn't all that good, in most RV interiors these days! We're boondoockers and appreciate practical far more than any fancy - frilly interior. Don't get us wrong, we appreciate a pleasant appearance, but we leave our desire for a "decorator decor" at home. There's carpet in the "bedroom", but easily wash-able throw rugs everywhere else(and damned few of those, too :B).

Enjoy!
-Verne, Brenda and
Latté, a Welsh Corgi
Carson City, Nevada
2010 Tundra 5.7L
2010 Jayco JayflightG-2 23FB
eu2000i Honda generator and Companion
Equalizer WD System

JRS___B
Explorer
Explorer
Thats Ok - I could not help but notice one is wearing mauve and the other peach. I'll just bet Heartland offers mauve and peach interiors, i.e. these ladies favorite colors.

Jack_Diane_Free
Explorer
Explorer
Do you want to be right or do you want to be happy?

deleted-2
Explorer
Explorer

Swamp_Man
Explorer
Explorer
2X If the wife isn't happy, no one is going to be happy! Long as she is happy, I am happy.
Steve & Trudy Jackson
2018 Cyclone 4005
2016 Ford F-450 6.7 PSD
AirSafe 25K hitch

time2roll
Nomad
Nomad
Leave your shoes at the door and that carpet might still be in place.

Francesca_Knowl
Explorer
Explorer
May I ask whose decision it was to rip out the white carpet and put in the easier-to-keep-clean laminate? :@
" Not every mind that wanders is lost. " With apologies to J.R.R. Tolkien

JRS___B
Explorer
Explorer
Before I bought our fiver I sought advice from anyone who had experiences to share. One guy about 82 years old said, "You buy a diesel and let your wife pick out the trailer". He was right on both counts.

And no, you are not crazy.

Does anyone really believe that it was men who demanded graphics on the outside of an RV, at least anything beyond a Budweiser logo?