cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Weigh in on argument with DW

samuraitowd
Explorer
Explorer
I had to rip out our white carpet in our class A and replace it with snap lock laminate which is much easier to keep clean.

I say motorhome manufacturers know the guy is already sold and they are really selling the whole experience to the wife. So they put in pretty, frilly, homey, impractical interiors to appeal to the ladies who have to leave their homes for a truck.
It makes me laugh to see the white carpets, frilly curtains and quaint little light fixtures.

She says I'm crazy.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Rick n Andi

Rexhall American Clipper 29': 2005
Suzuki Samurai; 1994
Jeep Wrangler 2005
31 REPLIES 31

stickdog
Explorer
Explorer
JRS & B wrote:
It doesn't really matter how an RV is decorated if you live in it for an extended period of time.

First thing is there are more groceries than there is pantry.

More clothes than there are closets.

More appliances than there is counter space.

And no good place for shoes or the dog's food and water bowls.

Toss in this morning's newspaper, this afternoon's beer cans, and today's dinner dishes, and they just don't look quite like the model you loved so much at the RV show.

+1
9-11 WE WILL NEVER FORGET!
FULLTIME SINCE 2010
17 DRV MS 36rssb3
17 F350 King Ranch CC DRW 4x4 6.7 4:10 B&W hitch
John
“A good traveler has no fixed plans, and is not intent on arriving.” Lao Tzu

Deb_and_Ed_M
Explorer II
Explorer II
fla-gypsy wrote:
They use design school dropouts and seconds from the local textile mills by the looks of most of these things

ROFL!!!! If you've ever seen any of the TV programs about the Gypsies (American and overseas) - well, a lot of these RVs seem decorated to suit their rather, um, "flamboyant" taste in decor???

My own Class C is decorated in a style I'll call "utilitarian" - simple and not "fluffy". It's one of the things I really like about it. But then there's the outside - I think Gulf Stream simply took all the "trimmings" from other vinyl decals, and splashed them across the sides of ours. Oh well....
Ed, Deb, and 2 dogs
Looking for a small Class C!

RCand_MoonPie
Explorer
Explorer
Thats_Ok wrote:
Just for grins check out who designs the interior decor for Heartland RVs

Expand the "dedicated design team" link.

LOL...I knew I liked those trailers the best!

JRS___B
Explorer
Explorer
It doesn't really matter how an RV is decorated if you live in it for an extended period of time.

First thing is there are more groceries than there is pantry.

More clothes than there are closets.

More appliances than there is counter space.

And no good place for shoes or the dog's food and water bowls.

Toss in this morning's newspaper, this afternoon's beer cans, and today's dinner dishes, and they just don't look quite like the model you loved so much at the RV show.

dodge_guy
Explorer II
Explorer II
I remember looking at new TT`s back in 05 and some were just gaudy! they looked like something my grandmother would`ve decorated!
Wife Kim
Son Brandon 17yrs
Daughter Marissa 16yrs
Dog Bailey

12 Forest River Georgetown 350TS Hellwig sway bars, BlueOx TrueCenter stabilizer

13 Ford Explorer Roadmaster Stowmaster 5000, VIP Tow>
A bad day camping is
better than a good day at work!

SkiMore
Explorer
Explorer
Have you installed new white carpet yet?

But seriously, I was wondering who it was that decorated some of the RVs out there.

dodge_guy
Explorer II
Explorer II
Francesca Knowles wrote:
Crowe wrote:
Boy, these posts sure make me glad I'm not married to any of you guys! :B

Never mind, Sister- they talk tough when they're together but as long as they keep it in the boy's room and behave themselves at home, what's the harm? :B

Hey, who let you in here? what happened? the stove break?!! :B
Wife Kim
Son Brandon 17yrs
Daughter Marissa 16yrs
Dog Bailey

12 Forest River Georgetown 350TS Hellwig sway bars, BlueOx TrueCenter stabilizer

13 Ford Explorer Roadmaster Stowmaster 5000, VIP Tow>
A bad day camping is
better than a good day at work!

CincyGus
Explorer II
Explorer II
pronstar wrote:
If you're posting on a web forum about how to win an argument with your wife...you've already lost :B

X2. Exactly what I was thinking. Seems like a twist on a movie I saw once. Guy treating a little boy that saw dead people but didn't know he was dead too until much later. SOMEONE tell this man he lost the argument already, lol.
2015 GMC 2500 Denali Crewcab 4x4
2019 Forest River Wolfpack 23pack15

Hope your travels are safe and the friendships made camping are lasting.

pronstar
Explorer
Explorer
If you're posting on a web forum about how to win an argument with your wife...you've already lost :B
'07 Ram 5.9 QC/LB SRW
Full Carli Suspension
35" Toyo's | 4.56 | PacBrake

2009 Cyclone 3950 | B&W Turnover Ball & Companion | TrailAire | Duravis R250s

fla-gypsy
Explorer
Explorer
They use design school dropouts and seconds from the local textile mills by the looks of most of these things
This member is not responsible for opinions that are inaccurate due to faulty information provided by the original poster. Use them at your own discretion.

09 SuperDuty Crew Cab 6.8L/4.10(The Black Pearl)
06 Keystone Hornet 29 RLS/(The Cracker Cabana)

Tothill
Explorer
Explorer
We bought used and there was carpeting throughout including the bathroom. Now I am sorry but carpeting around a toilet is stupid.

We discovered that there was lino under the carpet and we had the carpet ripped out. Love the ease of lino.

There was even a built in vacuum in Mobi, we have never used it and removed the 20 foot hose, as it just take sup space.

sdianel_-acct_c
Explorer
Explorer
RV manufacturers I'm sure realize that men pick the engine and mechanicals and the women pick the interior. What mamma wants, mamma gets!! After you get it, you realize it's not practical and get to change it by redecorating!! Sounds right to me!!
Lonny & Diane
2004 Country Coach Allure 33' "Big Blue"
Towing 2008 Chev Colorado 4x4
Semper Fi

Francesca_Knowl
Explorer
Explorer
Crowe wrote:

Never mind, Sister- they talk tough when they're together but as long as they keep it in the boy's room and behave themselves at home, what's the harm? :B
" Not every mind that wanders is lost. " With apologies to J.R.R. Tolkien

Crowe
Explorer
Explorer

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be

Douglas Adams

[purple]RV-less for now but our spirits are still on the open road. [/purple]