cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

1/2 Inch Drive Corded or Battery Impact Wrench

docsouce
Explorer II
Explorer II
Primary use would be to change a flat tire when I'm on the road. If I get a corded wrench I would need to start the generator to use it. I would also need an extension cord. If I get a battery operated wrench all I need to do is make sure the battery is charged. Corded Pros: less expensive, takes up less room and I think it would more powerful than a battery operated gun. Cons: need to have the generator running to use. Battery: Pros: ready for immediate use. Cons: takes up a little more storage space, must be charged to use, cost more and this is just a guess, doesn't have the same power as a corded gun. My current set up is a 3ft length of 1 1/2 pipe and a 3/4 inch breaker bar which will work fine but I'd like to simplify my approach.
As always your opinions are valued.
2020 JAYCO 26XD
Just right for the two of us!
46 REPLIES 46

2oldman
Explorer II
Explorer II
Cord-free is my choice. Hopefully you never have to change a flat on the road.
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman

fj12ryder
Explorer III
Explorer III
Actually the cordless will likely take less space than the corded. A Dewalt 1/2" cordless impact will be more than equal to a corded impact. They do cost more, but you can usually pick up a used one off Facebook Marketplace for a very good price. The corded impact really has only one possible plus: a new one is cheaper than a new cordless. But if you go used, that's a wash.

IMO a cordless assets totally outweigh the corded assets. No contest.
Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"