cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

1982 lindy refrigerator

Sherlonda
Explorer
Explorer
Hello I need assistance regarding my gas and electric refrigerator. How do you lite the gas for the fridge. I turned the knob to gas, next I turned the know that has the setting 1-7, or max, to off. Third I push the knob in waiting for the light to stop blicking.
That is my problem the light never stop blicking.
4 REPLIES 4

Sherlonda
Explorer
Explorer
Hello thank you for the replys back. I dont have a panel anywhere near the refrigerator inside the rv. All of the knobs are inside the refrigerator when you open the door on the bottom. Outside is where you can see the back of the refrigerator. I think I can post a picture to give yall more details.

Some of the old ones I had used a glow plug powered by 2 D cells. The control panel was under a cover at the bottom of the fridge.
I would turn it to pilot, press the gas button and then press the glow plug button and it allegedly would lite the thing.

It worked once in a long while......
2007 GMC 3500 dually ext. cab 4X4 LBZ Dmax/Allison - 2007 Pacific Coachworks Tango 306RLSS
RV Rebuild Website - Site launched Aug 22, 2021 - www.rv-rebuild.com

Ron3rd
Explorer II
Explorer II
MitchF150 wrote:
Sounds like you have to manually light the pilot on that one... There should be instructions behind the lower panel that you remove to see all the knobs.. It's been over 30 years since I last used one of those, but I remember you have to hold down a button and have to press the igniter button or use a long match.

Once the pilot lights, you have to keep holding the button for about 30 more seconds before letting it go or the pilot goes out and you have to start over...

Depending on how long the gas has been off, you might have to purge the air out of the lines first...

Good luck with it!

Mitch

X2, same procedure as lighting a hot water heater.
2016 6.7 CTD 2500 BIG HORN MEGA CAB
2013 Forest River 3001W Windjammer
Equilizer Hitch
Honda EU2000

"I have this plan to live forever; so far my plan is working"

MitchF150
Explorer III
Explorer III
Sounds like you have to manually light the pilot on that one... There should be instructions behind the lower panel that you remove to see all the knobs.. It's been over 30 years since I last used one of those, but I remember you have to hold down a button and have to press the igniter button or use a long match.

Once the pilot lights, you have to keep holding the button for about 30 more seconds before letting it go or the pilot goes out and you have to start over...

Depending on how long the gas has been off, you might have to purge the air out of the lines first...

Good luck with it!

Mitch
2013 F150 XLT 4x4 SuperCab Max Tow Egoboost 3.73 gears #7700 GVWR #1920 payload. 2019 Rockwood Mini Lite 2511S.