cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

2012-2014 Ford Focus Auto Trans Positive Battery Disconnect

h2ojunkie
Explorer
Explorer
I have been reading posts for days. I've found many answers (some old, some new) of people trying all different methods of disconnecting the battery on the Ford Focus Toad.

My question is for those of you that decided to disconnect the positive terminal (because it much easier to get at, and needed for a braking system anyway) instead of the negative terminal.

If you have been running your 2012-14 Focus Auto Trans Toad with the positive disconnected, have you experience any troubles?

How many miles have you towed your toad with the positive battery cable disconnected?

Thank you.
2 REPLIES 2

BCK
Explorer
Explorer
I have two trips towing my 2014 ford focus, about 3500 miles. I disconnect the positive terminal, and then connect a fused connection just for my brake unit. So far no problems to report. I towed from NY to FL over two days, no effect on the battery, started right up.

deereone
Explorer
Explorer
I have around 6000 tow miles on my 2014 Focus. I disconnect the positive terminal only. For my breaking system I plug my Brake Buddy into a battery booster. I have gone up to 5 days running off the booster before recharging it. I use separate bulbs in the taillights rather than diodes so there is no chance of back feeding power.