cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

2013 Ecoboost overheating

dfreddrickF150
Explorer
Explorer
I read a forum about Ecoboost here and someone said no one had posted about their Ecoboost overheating while towing, so here is one. As we were leaving for vacation yesterday, my 2013 F150 Ecoboost started overheating. I had pulled my 7000# trailer before with no issues but not yesterday. I was running about 65 mph when I got a warning on my dash that I needed to slow my speed to lower the temp but it was intermittent. I stopped and checked the fluid level and It ran at normal temps for a little bit, then go up quickly. I had an engine flush done 3 weeks ago in anticipation of this trip. It would go up and down but never returned to the normal temps until I slowed to 45 mph. I turned around, went home and disconnected the trailer, then took the truck back out on the road and I got it up to 80 mph with no issues. My suspicion is that the thermostat is sticking but I have never had one act like this. However, I did find a YouTube video where the guy had the exact same problem and thermostat was the fix.

Taking it back to the shop that did the flush tomorrow and will let you know what they find!
15 REPLIES 15

jdc1
Explorer II
Explorer II
The thermostat would not know if you had a trailer or not.