cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

5 year rv warranty

colliehauler
Explorer
Explorer
I received the latest issue of TL and noticed on the back cover a add for Travel Lite proclaiming the best warranty in the industry 5 years.
10 REPLIES 10

CFerguson
Explorer
Explorer
monkey44 wrote:
It's been our experience that CLAIMING the best warranty is usually not the same as actually REPAIRING a warranty claim........

Yep, that's the answer. A warranty is only as good as the company making the claim and standing behind it.

colliehauler
Explorer
Explorer
drsteve wrote:
goducks10 wrote:
I looked all over their website and can't find any warranty info. Did I miss it?

The downloadable manual on their site contains warranty info. It says one year on page 12...

https://travelliterv.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/07/Travel-Trailer-Owners-Manual.pdf
The ad was on the current back cover of Trailer Life magazine. I don't care because I'm keeping what I currently have. I just wondered if this would be a new trend for the industry.

drsteve
Explorer
Explorer
goducks10 wrote:
I looked all over their website and can't find any warranty info. Did I miss it?

The downloadable manual on their site contains warranty info. It says one year on page 12...

https://travelliterv.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/07/Travel-Trailer-Owners-Manual.pdf
2006 Silverado 1500HD Crew Cab 2WD 6.0L 3.73 8600 GVWR
2018 Coachmen Catalina Legacy Edition 223RBS
1991 Palomino Filly PUP

valhalla360
Nomad II
Nomad II
colliehauler wrote:
valhalla360 wrote:
What's covered under the warranty?

Typically all the appliances are covered per the appliance manufacturer's warranty...and there isn't much left for the RV builder to cover.
Don't know the ad on the back of TL stated (Industry changing zero deductible all inclusive) (the best warranty in the industry period).

Define: Industry
Define: Changing
Define: zero deductible
Define: all
Define: inclusive
Define: best
Define period

I could play lawyer and define each of those in a way that wouldn't favor you getting any warranty work done.

You need to see the actual warranty and understand the legal jargon that is likely set up to get them out of paying for much...especially after the first 6 months.
Tammy & Mike
Ford F250 V10
2021 Gray Wolf
Gemini Catamaran 34'
Full Time spliting time between boat and RV

goducks10
Explorer
Explorer

akaPedro
Explorer
Explorer
Try to download a voided copy of the contract. How many kinds: Silver...gold...platinum ? Have them mail you a voided copy.

monkey44
Nomad II
Nomad II
It's been our experience that CLAIMING the best warranty is usually not the same as actually REPAIRING a warranty claim. I've been in a time or two with warranty work on an 2002 Angler (bought new) a few months after I bought it, and was blown off several times by several dealers and had to repair it myself.

And also had a slight problem with 2008 Lance (two issues) and Lance stepped right up and sent the parts (too far to go to Lance dealer) next time I was in Lancaster a few months later, Lance tech came out and spent a couple hours checking the entire unit right at the plant, and upgraded a couple things too.

Have no clue how good TL is with it, but like stated above, most of the mechanical stuff is mfgr covered, so not a lot left that might give a problem =- leaks maybe, or windows, a door.

Despite any warranty coverage, best way to protect yourself is do a very thorough walk thru and test everything yourself before you plop down that final dollar.
Monkey44
Cape Cod Ma & Central Fla
Chevy 2500HD 4x4 DC-SB
2008 Lance 845
Back-country camping fanatic

colliehauler
Explorer
Explorer
valhalla360 wrote:

Typically all the appliances are covered per the appliance manufacturer's warranty...and there isn't much left for the RV builder to cover.
Don't know the ad on the back of TL stated (Industry changing zero deductible all inclusive) (the best warranty in the industry period).

valhalla360
Nomad II
Nomad II

Tammy & Mike
Ford F250 V10
2021 Gray Wolf
Gemini Catamaran 34'
Full Time spliting time between boat and RV

RGar974417
Explorer
Explorer
That is good.My Nissan Titan has a 5 year warranty too.