cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

5th wheel landing leg failure

Bob_Vaughn
Explorer
Explorer
We had a landing leg failure over the week end....one leg goes up and down but the other one does not move. I wonder what could be the problem. I have to remove all the stuff from the front basement to see where the shaft attaches to that gear box to see what the problem could be.....
7 REPLIES 7

Old-Biscuit
Explorer III
Explorer III
fj12ryder wrote:
Bob Vaughn wrote:
stickdog wrote:
Figured you would have that worked out by now, didn't you post that in another fourm?

????
I think he's referring to this post from a few days ago: Front leg will not work.

I'm with 'stickdog' thought it would have been found/fixed.
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31

fj12ryder
Explorer III
Explorer III
Bob Vaughn wrote:
stickdog wrote:
Figured you would have that worked out by now, didn't you post that in another fourm?

????
I think he's referring to this post from a few days ago: Front leg will not work.
Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

B_O__Plenty
Explorer II
Explorer II
Bob if it's the leg on the streetside. It's hard to get to. I had to cut a large opening in the tin ahead of the gas tanks and replace the shear bolt on the side of the jack. It's a 1/4" by about 1 1/2" bolt. Nothing special. You will then have to cut out a new piece of tin and screw a patch over the hole. While you're in there remove the cap on the jack and put a gob of grease in side on the gears. I ended up have to replace that leg as mine was worn. Better yet trade that hulk off and get that new Cedar Creek.

B.O.
Former Ram/Cummins owner
2015 Silverado 3500 D/A DRW
Yup I'm a fanboy!
2016 Cedar Creek 36CKTS

84bob
Explorer
Explorer
Had this happen on the second day of a two week vacation.Got a bottle jack,strapped the landing leg up and fixed it when we got home.Great info on you tube on how to rebuild or replace the legs and gear box.
2010 Heartland Bighorn 3055RL
2006 Dodge 3500 SRW CUMMINS

azrving
Explorer
Explorer

Bob_Vaughn
Explorer
Explorer
stickdog wrote:

????

stickdog
Explorer
Explorer
9-11 WE WILL NEVER FORGET!
FULLTIME SINCE 2010
17 DRV MS 36rssb3
17 F350 King Ranch CC DRW 4x4 6.7 4:10 B&W hitch
John
โ€œA good traveler has no fixed plans, and is not intent on arriving.โ€ Lao Tzu