Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

After-the-show flyer says I won--should I go?....pic

cbshoestring
Explorer
Explorer
My wife must have signed up for something when I wasn't looking :S

I scratched the ticket on the flyer, and all my numbers match. I AM A WINNER. :B I am now supposed to call the dealer IMMEDIATELY, then go to the dealer to compare my WINNING numbers with the PRIZE BOARD.

That dealer is an hour away....what should I do :h

28 REPLIES 28

Byrogie
Explorer
Explorer
This is what happens when the DW enters the free draws at the RV or Home show.
Just be thankful it wasn't life insurance. Those guys will call/hound you like there's no tomorrow. Don't ask me how I know.

samhain7
Explorer
Explorer
Am I the only one that things when he gets there, they will say "Sorry we are all out of hot dogs and popcorn".....
Final notice from MasterCard. Good! I'm sick of hearing from them.
-----------------------------------------------------------------
2016 Dodge Ram 2500 Cummins, E2 WD w/sway
2015 Starcraft Autumn Ridge 289BHS

cbshoestring
Explorer
Explorer
Jerrybo66 wrote:
cbshoestring..
It's a shame there're so many negative people on this group. They advise that anytime anyone like you wins a valuable prize they have to down grade it. Are they jealous? Shame..I for one will congratulate you on your good fortune and will give you the opportunity to quadruple your good luck. First you need to collect your prize, sell it on Craigslist for a ridicules profit, then send the proceeds to me, the Crabby Old Fert. I will apply it to a down payment on my choice ocean front property in Mesa AZ. I will advise you every year or two of how your investment has grown/declined, (less administrative fees) ...You have a good day now, ya' hear..:)

ah shucks...I already invested on some land in Florida. I haven't actually seen the acerage, but the guy told me it was prime waterfront property.

Jerrybo66
Explorer
Explorer
cbshoestring..
It's a shame there're so many negative people on this group. They advise that anytime anyone like you wins a valuable prize they have to down grade it. Are they jealous? Shame..I for one will congratulate you on your good fortune and will give you the opportunity to quadruple your good luck. First you need to collect your prize, sell it on Craigslist for a ridicules profit, then send the proceeds to me, the Crabby Old Fert. I will apply it to a down payment on my choice ocean front property in Mesa AZ. I will advise you every year or two of how your investment has grown/declined, (less administrative fees) ...You have a good day now, ya' hear..:)
Support the Country you live in or live in the Country you support
2003 Sierra SP 26'Toy Hauler
1997 F-350, PSD, 4X4, red Crew Cab, long bed.
2007 Arctic Cat Prowler, Arctic Cat 500

Bobbo
Explorer II
Explorer II
Go buy an led hurricane lantern. It will be cheaper.
Bobbo and Lin
2017 F-150 XLT 4x4 SuperCab w/Max Tow Package 3.5l EcoBoost V6
2017 Airstream Flying Cloud 23FB

Veebyes
Explorer II
Explorer II
Got sucked into one of those once at a festival.

YOU HAVE WON A CRUISE!!!!

Nothing but a come on for a timeshare. The time it took to shake those people was unbelievable. The "luxurious" modern cruiseship was a 1950s vintage ship That I was familiar with as it used to visit Bermuda in the 60s.
Boat: 32' 1996 Albin 32+2, single Cummins 315hp
40+ night per year overnighter

2007 Alpenlite 34RLR
2006 Chevy 3500 LT, CC,LB 6.6L Diesel

Ham Radio: VP9KL, IRLP node 7995

myredracer
Explorer II
Explorer II
Fuggedaboutit.

At our recent RV show a dealer had a ball toss game where you could win $$. Big hole was $10 and smallest hole was $1,000. There was a lineup to try it. If you got close enough the fine print on the board said whatever you win is how much you save off the purchase of a new RV from them. Wow, how cool is that? :R

A few years ago we won a free membership in a CG network after filling out a ticket for a draw at another RV show. Turns out you could only stay a couple of days per year and not on holidays. You've gotta know every ticket was a winner and they're out to snag buyers for a full membership.

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
Depends on what else is around the dealer.. For example when I go to the Dealer I bought this RV from there is a very nice restaurant within walking distance of the dealer's front gate... And other shopping nearby (Quarter to half mile) so I'd go and pick up my LED Hurricane Lantern worth about $1.50 in bulk (Perhaps 15 dollars on PCH.Com). Cause odds are that's what you won.

But you never know.. You might have one one of the larger prizes..

On the other hand if there is nothing in the area wo warrant the hour's drive

Well, I suspect you can figure it out from the prize I suspect you won.
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

dodge_guy
Explorer II
Explorer II
Just think of the poor salesman that will have one less sale because of us! We should be ashamed!
Wife Kim
Son Brandon 17yrs
Daughter Marissa 16yrs
Dog Bailey

12 Forest River Georgetown 350TS Hellwig sway bars, BlueOx TrueCenter stabilizer

13 Ford Explorer Roadmaster Stowmaster 5000, VIP Tow>
A bad day camping is
better than a good day at work!

Jim_Shoe
Explorer
Explorer
As P.T.Barnum said, "There's a sucker born every minute". And even that's a lie. His rival said it about good old P.T.
Retired and visiting as much of this beautiful country as I can.

Old-Biscuit
Explorer III
Explorer III
I know you 'jest' and just posted for reactions :B
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31

jfkmk
Explorer
Explorer
Yeah, I'd blame it on my wife too!

DownTheAvenue
Explorer
Explorer
You won the lantern and it is about as big as your thumb!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!