Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Am I the only one that HAS to look??

shortbus_driver
Explorer
Explorer
Hi, I'm John and I have a problem.

(you all say, 'Hi John')

I have developed this problem ever since I starting coming here. I am a 'newbie' so I've spent a lot of time here reading and learning.

But now I have developed this other problem.

When ever I goto pass another TV with a TT, I have to slow down and check out what hitch they are using, how its set up, look from a distance, and analize what adjustement I think they should make. Even when I see someone on the highway going the other way and have to make a quick evaluation on how things are set up.

Now, I know I'm no expert, so a lot of my 'eye ball' tests that I do could be totally incorrect, but I can't help look!!

My DW must think I'm going nuts.

Please help-

Johnny Gawker
34 REPLIES 34

mosseater
Explorer II
Explorer II
I have the sickess too, I admit. I haven't ever followed anyone yet to discuss it when they pull over. Yet. I blame John Barca. I wonder if he's a hitch watcher? I'm betting yes.
"It`s not important that you know all the answers, it`s only important to know where to get all the answers" Arone Kleamyck
"...An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." Col. Jeff Cooper
Sunset Creek 298 BH

sh410
Explorer
Explorer
fla-gypsy wrote:
I can quit anytime I want, really I can

Quiting is easy, I've done it hundreds of times.:B

Sandia_Man
Explorer II
Explorer II
I'm not too concerned with somebody else's set-up unless their is obvious signs of towing distress. I mostly look at how many RVers are on the road that day, what, why, or how someone reaches the decisions they made about RVing is for them to think about. For me, there are too many variables involved to simply drive by and make assumptions, I just think about my set-up and if it's delivering the kind of towing comfort I expect.

usmohls2
Explorer
Explorer
Look all you want, just don't touch!!

bikendan
Explorer
Explorer
count me as one of the afflicted!:W
Dan- Firefighter, Retired:C, Shawn- Musician/Entrepreneur:W, Zoe- Faithful Golden Retriever(RIP:(), 2014 Ford F150 3.5 EcoboostMax Tow pkg, 2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255 w/4pt Equalizer and 5 Mtn. bikes and 2 Road bikes

reader2
Explorer
Explorer
I don't ever check out the hitches of the other campers we come across... DH is in charge of hitching up the camper.... besides, I'm too busy checking out the camper itself. My mom has even taught all her grand kids to yell "have a very fun time" to any camper we see on the road so they look it for them too.
2012 Zinger ZT26BL

LastOfTheBohica
Explorer
Explorer
pitch wrote:
Yep I take notice also. Just like when you buy a new car, suddenly they are everywhere.
Not to Hijack the post, but I was thinking of a common brotherhood salute for Rv'rs, kind of like what the bikers have.
Trouble is the only one that comes to mind involves only one extended finger, and the ole lady won't go for it. ๐Ÿ˜‰

Or maybe like pilots we could "waggle" the wings. On second thought that might just scare the cr@p out of the guy behind you.
Me, DW, Five Crazy Felines, One RB Angel
2011 Ford F350 SD, PSD 6.7, SRW, CC
2011 Komfort 3230FRK

skipnchar
Explorer
Explorer
The only time I notice someones hitch is when there is an obvious problem. MOST problems would not be noticeable in just passing.
2011 F-150 HD Ecoboost 3.5 V6. 2550 payload, 17,100 GCVWR -
2004 F-150 HD (Traded after 80,000 towing miles)
2007 Rockwood 8314SS 34' travel trailer

US Govt survey shows three out of four people make up 75% of the total population

pitch
Explorer II
Explorer II
Yep I take notice also. Just like when you buy a new car, suddenly they are everywhere.
Not to Hijack the post, but I was thinking of a common brotherhood salute for Rv'rs, kind of like what the bikers have.
Trouble is the only one that comes to mind involves only one extended finger, and the ole lady won't go for it. ๐Ÿ˜‰

Yaj
Explorer
Explorer
Yep,
I would like to take this opportunity to welcome you all to this "first" meeting of AA (ANAx rv inspectors Anonymous).
To bring this meeting to order, I would like to nominate Johnny Gawker as our new supreme leader, The Exalted Grand PooBaa of US (United States).
Yes, my name is Yaj and I can't help myself. My daughter asked me if I was successful when I tried to stop. I told her "yes every time!"... I know I was lying to myself...but I don't care, I'll keep on looking, smiling, running away :E and/or give them the big thumbs up if everything looks ok. I don't want to stop... I like smiling!

I think the conversation should go clockwise around the forum.

Next...

shortbus_driver
Explorer
Explorer
elivi8 wrote:
Agreed. Always look as well. If anything it's to make sure mine is correct or to find better ways to adjust it.

Ryan

Same here, I don't look to judge and think mine is better, I'm just interested in how others have theirs hooked up and to get pointers.

This is making me feel better. Its nice to know I'm not the only one that has to look.

fla-gypsy
Explorer
Explorer
I can quit anytime I want, really I can
This member is not responsible for opinions that are inaccurate due to faulty information provided by the original poster. Use them at your own discretion.

09 SuperDuty Crew Cab 6.8L/4.10(The Black Pearl)
06 Keystone Hornet 29 RLS/(The Cracker Cabana)

camp-n-family
Explorer
Explorer
Yay, I'm not the only crazy one! I do it too. Just amazed at how many are set up wrong though, it's scary.
'17 Ram 2500 Crewcab Laramie CTD
'13 Keystone Bullet Premier 310BHPR
Hitched by Hensley

elivi8
Explorer
Explorer
Agreed. Always look as well. If anything it's to make sure mine is correct or to find better ways to adjust it.

Ryan
2012 F-150 EcoBoost, Max Trailer Tow
2019 Outdoors Timber Ridge 27BHS
490 Watts of Solar

Jerallen
Explorer
Explorer
Fellow addict here....check out everybody's setup.
๐Ÿ˜‰