cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Amazon packages in Quartzsite

2oldman
Explorer II
Explorer II
I wonder if any of you have this problem with getting Amazon packages in Quartzsite....

Quiet Times, the shipping center, has a Box number in addition to their street address for packages handled by the USPS. When you enter the address in your Amazon account's address list, Amazon reformats it, and accepts it.

I recently made a couple purchases using that address, but I was stopped before even getting to checkout with a warning that these items couldn't be delivered to that address. I re-entered the address with the Box number, but was again denied. I re-entered the address without the Box number, and the order went through fine.

Sure enough, one of the items went via USPS, and I just got notified it's undeliverable. The Q post office is so stubborn they will not accept any packages to Quiet Times without that box number.

A couple questions... if Amazon rejects an order with the Box number in the address, why do they allow it in your address list? If the post office can't deliver it at Q, why do they have to physically carry it there before rejecting it?

I've tried dealing with Amazon, but I get run-around answers that lead me to believe they're not all that interested in this problem. Since there are so many RVers here, I would think this would come up a lot.
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman
14 REPLIES 14

Luke_Porter
Explorer
Explorer
I've used "POB" to avoid using "PO" or "box".
Yep, actually drove to all of these places---in the last eight years. Missed Rhode Island and New Jersey.

gotsmart
Explorer
Explorer
My (PMB) private mailbox provider has told me that they don't care what I do to get my box number on the address, as long as it saves them from having to look me up on their computer to get my box number.

They don't care if the address says: PMB, SUITE, APT, UNIT, SITE, BLDG, FLOOR, SPACE, #, .... You get the picture.

I would say to use whatever syntax that gets the box number on the address line, and gets the mail delivered to you.

I haven't followed the USPS rules for a PMB. I use this format:

my name
99 my street name APT 999
My City, XX 12345-6789

If you have a PO Box then I don't know how one could game the address with an online retailer and still get it delivered.
2005 Cruise America 28R (Four Winds 28R) on a 2004 Ford E450 SD 6.8L V10 4R100
2009 smart fortwo Passion with Roadmaster "Falcon 2" towbar & tail light kit - pictures

azrving
Explorer
Explorer
2oldman wrote:
rjxj wrote:
I had stuff sent to the Ironwood Outpost..
What is that?

Mail and shipping office across from Herbs hardware.

Next to this bank

2oldman
Explorer II
Explorer II
rjxj wrote:
I had stuff sent to the Ironwood Outpost..
What is that?

2oldman
Explorer II
Explorer II
EV2 wrote:
Just to confirm, you added the box number on the same line with your name?
It doesn't matter how I type it, Amazon reformats it to:

My name
Box xxxx
street address
city state zip

nevadanick
Explorer
Explorer
2Oldman, i just received a package that i input general delivery and they sent it UPS and UPS took it to the post office. I had to pay xtra at the po to get the pkg.

EV2
Explorer
Explorer
Just to confirm, you added the box number on the same line with your name? Seems funny it would consider the name as part of the address?

2oldman
Explorer II
Explorer II
EV2 wrote:
I just tried a possible work around for you and Amazon address edit accepted it. I added a box number after my name: First Last Box 999.
Yes, the Amazon address list accepts it, but as I said, when I tried purchasing, I was stopped with a warning about not being able to ship to that address.

But when I removed the Box, everything was ok until the package actually arrived here and THEN they decided they couldn't deliver it. It's all very strange.

EV2
Explorer
Explorer
I just tried a possible work around for you and Amazon address edit accepted it. I added a box number after my name: First Last Box 999.

Do you think this might work for you with the USPS? It should have no effect with other carriers.

2oldman
Explorer II
Explorer II
nevadanick wrote:
. I have had no issues with General Delivery and Amazon regardless of where i am.
I could do that IF I knew the carrier was the USPS.

nevadanick
Explorer
Explorer
I have ordered a few items from Amazon and had them delivered to General Delivery in Lake Havasu without issue. One item was sent UPS and they dropped it at the Post Office and i had to pay to get it. I have had no issues with General Delivery and Amazon regardless of where i am.

azrving
Explorer
Explorer
I had stuff sent to the Ironwood Outpost. I ordered on Amazon and it showed that the items would be ups which was fine going to Ironwood. The problem was that after check out 2 of the items actually went usps and I hadn't set up a box number at ironwood so they automatically return the items. It was $5 per item for ups. To get mail it has to be set up with a usps box number.

mich800
Explorer
Explorer
And depending on the seller/product that could be the issue. Just purchased a gopro and they would not ship it to my UPS address but did ship some mounts to it.

DownTheAvenue
Explorer
Explorer
Some items Amazon will not ship via USPS. As an example, when I order Frontline (flea repellant) for my dog, it has to be shipped via UPS to my street address and not via USPS to my PO Box.