cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Another water hose

Kwahl1
Explorer
Explorer
The two water hoses for my motorhome need replaced. Kinked, folded and dirty. I’ve seen a variety of them out there. Currently I have the white Camping World 25-footers. Any recommendation or ones to avoid? I do not have room for any sort of hose reel or automatic reeler.
Ken
19 REPLIES 19

downtheroad
Explorer
Explorer
Answer: we don't notice any unusual taste or smell...lots of different municipal water systems with lots of different water as we travel..

We do use a Britta water filter for drinking, the dog water and some cooking. We shower, do dishes and flush with municipal water.
"If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane."

Arctic Fox 25Y
GMC Duramax
Blue Ox SwayPro

johnhicks
Explorer
Explorer
Downthroad does that have any "water hose" taste? I have the standard one, not labeled "RV & Marine" but is labeled drinking-water safe, that puts a horrible rubber water-hose taste in the water.

Somewhere in an Amazon review I believe a company rep was quoted as saying that the white inner liner is the same in both types.
-jbh-

downtheroad
Explorer
Explorer
I thought I'd give this one a try.....2 years ago. Still going strong and I really like it. Easy to store, easy to coil, no kink and rated safe to drink from. Never has leaked. Comes in different lengths.. Got mine at Lowe's.

It is NOT like the expandable hoses in the TV infomercials...

Apex Zero G.....rv-marine hose

"If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane."

Arctic Fox 25Y
GMC Duramax
Blue Ox SwayPro

jplante4
Explorer
Explorer
They come in good, better and best. The best end have the spring kink preventers on the ends and thicker walls. I have 2-25 foot white ones and one has a kink. That's the "Neverkink" one. I also have a 50 foot Camco Premium from the best category. As with many things, you get what you pay for.
Jerry & Jeanne
1996 Safari Sahara 3530 - 'White Tiger'
CAT 3126/Allison 6 speed/Magnum Chassis
2014 Equinox AWD / Blue Ox

2oldman
Explorer II
Explorer II
I like the new kind of metal ones that coil up like string.
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman