cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Anyone Bought RV/Camping Supplies At A Rummage Sale ?

goreds2
Explorer
Explorer
I went to a rummage sale this weekend and purchased two small chairs that foldup twice for very easy storage. (2 bucks each)

Bought an "on demand" 8 piece fire ring for when I am dry camping in a secluded area. (5 bucks)

Got a smaller than twin size air mattress for 5 bucks. This will be great to use for when I fold down the captains chairs to sleep.

Just wondering who else has got great deals on RV/camping supplies at rummage/garage sales, flea markets etc.
See Picture In My Profile
I have a 1989 Dodge XPLORER RV Class B - Purchased 10/15/10 IN CASH
Fiance' purchased a Class C 2002 Dynamax Carri-go on 5/1/15 IN CASH
We've got the best of both worlds
104 REPLIES 104

goreds2
Explorer
Explorer
goreds2 wrote:
I went to a rummage sale this weekend and purchased two small chairs that foldup twice for very easy storage. (2 bucks each)

Here are the chairs I bought.

Rog___Nan
Explorer
Explorer
Bought a Sirius Sat. Boombox and car adapter for our sportster receiver for a wopping $3!! Boombox is $100 and the car adapter goes for $60. Now we have these in the MH and no more bringing them along each time we travel cause they are there. We are always haunting garage sales and flea markets for bargains.
Rog & Nan
'96 Cruise Master
32' no slide (love it)
'2010 Vue Saturn Toad
Roadmaster Tow & Brake
Banks Power

goreds2
Explorer
Explorer
Last year, I got a glass percolator like this at a yard sale for 5 bucks. It works great!

Opie431
Explorer
Explorer
Someone here mentioned using golf clubs for fire pokers. I bought two for a quarter each and we love them. That is one for each of us.
I buy all sorts of things at rummage sales to take camping and the Goodwill "As Is" store to take camping. Than I end up with too much stuff and have to get rid of it the same way.

Lemons750
Explorer
Explorer
Went to an estate sale and bought 6 of those old steak house metal plates they served hot with the steak on them sitting on a wood pan shaped trivet.

10 cents each. They are nice when the wind is blowing. They have since been replaced by microwave plates bought at Walmart and will no longer be in the camper after Thursday to save weight.

The wood trivets were not there so I don't have those.

pigman1
Explorer
Explorer
Doesn't matter where it's bought from.

1. Is it something you want or need.
2. Is it in good operating condition
3. Is the price right
GO FOR IT
Pigman & Piglady
2013 Tiffin Allegro Bus 43' QGP
2011 Chevy Silverado 1500
SMI Air Force One toad brake
Street Atlas USA Plus

RicJones
Explorer
Explorer
My neighbor got a Brake Buddy brake controller for $10, worth about $350.

tomkaren13
Explorer
Explorer
Always- Small tables for $1 were the best deal so far.

NanciL
Explorer II
Explorer II
When we are down in the Florida Keys every winter, we usually go once or twice to the Big Pine Key flea market, and there is a couple who have a RV both there.
Evidently they used to have a RV store, or they just buy out lots from places going out of business, but they have a better stock than most RV stores, and there stuff is usually a third to a half cheaper.
I always stock up there, and have got some good deals.
Along with the regular Rv stuff, they every type tool, nut, and bolts that you can imagine.
I got my 30 amp extension cord there for half price, and I had been looking for a overhead light fixture that matched the ones in my trailer, and found it there.

Jack L

Jack L
Jack & Nanci

MikeyAustin
Explorer
Explorer
Don't by the porta-potty.

dbond21201
Explorer
Explorer
Oh yeah! My favorite place to buy it.
Dianne & Wilmot Bond
West Tennessee:W:B

mtdew999
Explorer
Explorer
Recent finds: Brand new coleman 12X12 tent - $5. Complete set of nesting camp cookware and dinner ware, brand new - $5, two, brand new, folding 6' tables $5 each.

camperpaul
Explorer
Explorer
I am always finding and buying camping gear at garage sales, rummage sales, etc.

My kids call me the garage sale junkie...
Paul
Extra Class Ham Radio operator - K9ERG (since 1956)
Retired Electronics Engineer and Antenna Designer
Was a campground host at IBSP (2006-2010) - now retired.
Single - Full-timer
2005 Four Winds 29Q
2011 2500HD 6.0L GMC Denali (Gasser)

fla-gypsy
Explorer
Explorer
Sure have
This member is not responsible for opinions that are inaccurate due to faulty information provided by the original poster. Use them at your own discretion.

09 SuperDuty Crew Cab 6.8L/4.10(The Black Pearl)
06 Keystone Hornet 29 RLS/(The Cracker Cabana)

Dutch_12078
Explorer II
Explorer II
I'm still using up the RV antifreeze I bought at the bank auction of a dealer's inventory a few years ago. I thought I was bidding on a lot of 10 gallons when I bid $20, but it turned out to be 10 cases of 4 gallons each. I really should have read the catalog a bit better, but it turned out ok this time. ๐Ÿ™‚
Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F53 chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
Bigfoot Automatic Leveling System
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/Blue Ox baseplate