cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone Bought RV/Camping Supplies At A Rummage Sale ?

goreds2
Explorer
Explorer
I went to a rummage sale this weekend and purchased two small chairs that foldup twice for very easy storage. (2 bucks each)

Bought an "on demand" 8 piece fire ring for when I am dry camping in a secluded area. (5 bucks)

Got a smaller than twin size air mattress for 5 bucks. This will be great to use for when I fold down the captains chairs to sleep.

Just wondering who else has got great deals on RV/camping supplies at rummage/garage sales, flea markets etc.
See Picture In My Profile
I have a 1989 Dodge XPLORER RV Class B - Purchased 10/15/10 IN CASH
Fiance' purchased a Class C 2002 Dynamax Carri-go on 5/1/15 IN CASH
We've got the best of both worlds
104 REPLIES 104

mr__ed
Explorer
Explorer
I bought a nice sunscreen (the type you attach to the awning) at a garage sale in Yuma for $15. The beige color perfectly matches my RV :).
Mr. Ed (fulltiming since 1987)
Life is fragile. Handle with prayer.

2007 Hitchhiker II LS Model 29.5 LKTG (sold)
2007 Dodge Ram 3500/6.7 CTD/QC/4X4/SB/SRW/6-speed man/Big Horn edition (sold)

FlatBroke
Explorer II
Explorer II
Bought a new 50-30 amp adapter at a garage sale that an out of business RV dealership had for $20, sells for about $100. Also got 6 gallons of -100 boiler anti-freeze that can be cut in half for a buck a gallon, so it figures out to 12 gallons for $6.

Hitch Hiker
"08" 29.5 FKTG LS

Dustytuu
Explorer
Explorer
Bought corelle dishes at yard sales. I looked until I found pieces that match.
Bought wine glasses.
Found new dog bowels for our dogs and a new cat bowel with kitties on it for our cat. About a dollar.
Found a small patio table for a $1.
Several years ago, DH found a folding patio table for our patio umbrella.... in the trash. Free. In excellent condition!
2008 dodge 5500, diesel,Laramie
2008 Carriage Carri-Lite, 36SBQ, 4 slides,dishwasher,washer/dryer,2 fireplaces,6500 gen.
D & D
3 Schnauzers

http://s6.photobucket.com/albums/y250/Dustytuu/

Kindness, and good manners are important.

goreds2
Explorer
Explorer
goreds2 wrote:
I am going to a flea market tomorrow hoping to find some hub caps for the Class B.:C

I never realized how difficult it is to find hubcaps even at "junk yards". I guess I will have to buy cheap plastic ones at AutoZone etc.

Someone posted in the BLOG their thrift store finds.

http://community.rv.net/_Less-than-25/photo/11585171/43507.html

goreds2
Explorer
Explorer
I am going to a flea market tomorrow hoping to find some hub caps for the Class B.:C

Honorman
Explorer
Explorer
Farm and small Auctions are another good place to find bargains ,I have 4 coleman lantrens, 3 from yard sales,

I found fuel for them 2 weeks ago at auction for $2.00 for 3 gal. it's $8.95 gal at Wal-mart.

I bought a flatbottom boat, motor and trailer 3 months ago,at a bargain and another at auction 2 weeks ago for $725.00 that looked better,
so I will keep it and sell the first one for profit.

Tomorrow is another auction, can't wait, if the money holds out,

I am going broke with all the things that I find so cheap.:D
:)1997 Holiday Rambler 32.5 Ft Class A Motohome 1987 Porsche Toad on dolly for now

netomh
Explorer
Explorer
Few years back, got a Coleman stove and a propane lantern for $5, and they threw in an electric trimmer that they couldn't get rid of.

Not strictly RV, but last year I picked up a Yakima car-top carrier ($300+ new) for $15. I use it in the bed of my truck for dry storage when we're traveling without the TT. Keep saying I'm going to get a tonneau...but I haven't found one for $15 yet! 😄
2010 Ram 2500HD Crew ST, 6.7L, 68RFE, bone stock.
2010 Keystone Sprinter 311BHS

Mountain_Mama
Explorer
Explorer
I found a set of Tupperware oval containers at a local thrift store for $10 which would retail for about $80+...Only looked like one of them had ever been used. The only thing about them was that they didn't have the colored lids on them, just white like the containers, but who cares? Not me! I'm like my DH is about Craftsman tools when it comes to TW...I'll not pass up a bargain on it!
2003 Holiday Rambler Alumascape 34RLT

jctu82
Explorer
Explorer
I have never thought of that! I should look out for some things I need for my RV 🙂 Thanks for the tips!

colliehauler
Explorer III
Explorer III
I bought a Lazy-boy small recliner at a surplus store (discontinued model) for $50.

BoatCop
Explorer
Explorer
Would buying anything in Quartzsite from October through March be considered shopping at a rummage sale?
Alan
BoatCop
1999 Southwind 34L
2013 Chevy Tahoe
2001 Jeep Wrangler TJ (TOAD)
Sampson (The Bloodhound)
Delilah (The Basset)

bsbeedub
Explorer
Explorer
Yard, garage, rummage sales are like the clearance aisle at Wal- Mart: you never know what you're gonna get. But if you look long enough the cool stuff is there!
Bob & Susan
Shelby the Beagle June 8, 2005 - Dec. 24, 2016
2018 Ram 3500 6.4 HEMI, long bed, 4.10’s
2021 Coachman Chaparral Lite 25 RE
2011 Gulfstream Ameri-Lite 23BW - retired
2003 Dodge Ram 1500 - retired

Tom_Diane
Explorer
Explorer
Might kick myself later but passed on a tri pod this past weekend. Dont know much about it but the old chap selling it says he bought it at Camping World and was selling it for $80 obo. Reason he was selling it is because he had stabilizers made for his 5er at a cost of $300.00. I passed on it because after reading all post regarding tri pods and visiting with the seller of the tri pod, I figured I would save my money and consider more options like stabilizers.

PattieAM
Explorer
Explorer
I bought a complete set of very yucky T-fal a few years back at a yard sale for $2.00. Took it home, ran it through the dishwasher and it came clean! Been using it 5 years in the PUP - still going strong and cooking well.

I've bought other stuff at yard sales, etc., but can't remember what they were. Used to get kitchen appliances.

Mike__Rose
Explorer
Explorer
My co-worker just bought an entire TT , fully stocked , at a yard sale! Real nice condition and it has a slide. I think it was a Citation.
See you on the road!