cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone canceling trips due to Corona virus?

garyp4951
Explorer III
Explorer III
I've got several trips planned, and some are at music festivals, so I'm trying to decide what to do. I see SBySW has cancelled, and afraid there will be more to do the same.
We just got our first case in Memphis today.
98 REPLIES 98

RambleOnNW
Explorer II
Explorer II
Keeping all our trip reservations and will probably add more. Mostly dry camping out in the sticks. Will likely avoid restaurants or get to-go orders only.

RVing shows its great versatility avoiding planes, motels, and restaurants as needed.
2006 Jayco 28', E450 6.8L V10, Bilstein HDs,
Roadmaster Anti-Sway Bars, Blue Ox TigerTrak

2oldman
Explorer II
Explorer II
oops
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman

dedmiston
It was just a matter of time before the thread for too weird.

Closed.

2014 RAM 3500 Diesel 4x4 Dually long bed. B&W RVK3600 hitch • 2015 Crossroads Elevation Homestead Toy Hauler ("The Taj Mahauler") • <\br >Toys:

• 18 Can Am Maverick x3
  • 05 Yamaha WR450
  • 07 Honda CRF250X
  • 05 Honda CRF230
  • 06 Honda CRF230

memtb
Explorer
Explorer
2oldman wrote:
memtb wrote:
2oldman wrote:
memtb wrote:
Time will determine “if” we are truly in a time of a “human extinction” pandemic or over- sensationalism by the media. memtb
Neither of those are true.
Please explain! memtb
We know the death rate, and the media I watch has doctors and health professionals. I don't know what media you listen to or watch.

I try to listen to Doctors and Health Care Providers......perhaps “not” the same ones you listen to. Mine are calling it a pandemic but, and suggest exercising logic, following known health practices and “not” to panic. Panic and worldwide hysteria could, in a worst case scenario, lead to very poor decisions. Enough poor decisions can lead to more deaths than Covid-19! JMO.

We will not be out in public, exposing ourselves to increased risk or potentially helping spread the virus! This is the beauty of free will....we make our own decisions and reap the consequences....good or bad! memtb
Todd & Marianne
Miniature Schnauzer's - Sundai, Nellie & Maggie Mae
2007 Dodge Ram 3500, 6.7 Cummins, 6 speed manual, 3.73 ratio, 4x4
2004 Teton Grand Freedom, 39'
2007 Bigfoot 30MH26Sl

Me_Again
Explorer II
Explorer II
MEXICOWANDERER wrote:
The downturn in China is not a result solely of stricter quarantine. This is mimicking the demise of The Spanish Flu.

You are a scientist that has studied such things?
2021 F150 2.7 Ecoboost - Summer Home 2017 Bighorn 3575el. Can Am Spyder RT-L Chrome, Kawasaki KRX1000. Retired and enjoying it! RIP DW 07-05-2021

MEXICOWANDERER
Explorer
Explorer
The downturn in China is not a result solely of stricter quarantine. This is mimicking the demise of The Spanish Flu.

MEXICOWANDERER
Explorer
Explorer
High mortality virus tend to mutate into less deadly strains. Influenzas Spanish Flu 1918 -- Hong Kong 1957, etc. Even catastrophic pandemics like pneumonic plague mutate themselves into oblivion.

The big question is "when"?

2oldman
Explorer II
Explorer II
memtb wrote:
2oldman wrote:
memtb wrote:
Time will determine “if” we are truly in a time of a “human extinction” pandemic or over- sensationalism by the media. memtb
Please explain! memtb
We know the death rate, and the media I watch has doctors and health professionals. I don't know what media you listen to or watch.

Reisender
Nomad
Nomad
136 people died in Spain last night from this “Flu”. I’m seeing a lot of people seek out those with the least education and trust in what they say as opposed to listening to those educated in the field. Careful out there.

memtb
Explorer
Explorer
2oldman wrote:
memtb wrote:

Please explain! memtb
Todd & Marianne
2007 Bigfoot 30MH26Sl

Me_Again
Explorer II
Explorer II
jdc1 wrote:
All campers should cancel their trips, especially May and June up the northern west coast. Also, forget about heading from Seattle to Spokane, and south through Utah. Then, there is no way you want to head towards Vegas, Kingman or Phoenix. Nor would you want to go from Phoenix towards Sacramento. It's just too risky.

Oh.....those are my plans, to go to those areas. Leave me plenty of open campgrounds and open roads for my trip.

It is possible that Washington State will have travel restriction by then.
2021 F150 2.7 Ecoboost - Summer Home 2017 Bighorn 3575el. Can Am Spyder RT-L Chrome, Kawasaki KRX1000. Retired and enjoying it! RIP DW 07-05-2021

jdc1
Explorer II
Explorer II
All campers should cancel their trips, especially May and June up the northern west coast. Also, forget about heading from Seattle to Spokane, and south through Utah. Then, there is no way you want to head towards Vegas, Kingman or Phoenix. Nor would you want to go from Phoenix towards Sacramento. It's just too risky.

Oh.....those are my plans, to go to those areas. Leave me plenty of open campgrounds and open roads for my trip.

2oldman
Explorer II
Explorer II
memtb wrote:

memtb
Explorer
Explorer
Dr. Doug, I’m “not” attempting to make light of this situation. As with any other rampant disease issue....one should use precautions. However, “if” the reported numbers of cases/fatalities are anywhere near accurate, then.....this has/is being “over sensationalized”! Should we be cautious.....yes! Should we join the rest of those lemmings that are in a state of panic, fighting in the grocery store isles.....No! And we will not join the masses standing in line....remember the “avoid crowds recommendation”! We have lived with the philosophy that, “No one should “ever” place themselves in a position of panic buying”! At this point, the greatest threat we have as a nation is....overreaction! Panic buying can critically affect those that actually need various items to protect and feed their families. Those that were ill prepared and chose “panic” over reasoning and logic, using the recommended practices.....will make a bad situation much worse!

Whether this is real or overly “hyped” ......This should be a “wake-up call” to all of America, as to how susceptible we are as a nation, to any kind of worldwide crisis! All of us should be prepared for a “bump in the road”. We have been spoiled by the ability to almost daily go to the store for staple items. The term “self-sufficient” is apparently a term foreign to many people!

We are perfectly capable of “riding this out” at our home for many months, if forced to. We’ll see how it looks “when the dust settles”! Time will determine “if” we are truly in a time of a “human extinction” pandemic or over- sensationalism by the media. memtb
Todd & Marianne
2007 Bigfoot 30MH26Sl