cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Anyone towing with Ram1500 w/air ride?

ACDNate
Explorer
Explorer
Looking at picking up a new truck this year, specifically a Ram 1500 Ecodiesel. Ram offers an air ride suspension that gets great reviews. THe system lowers the truck an inch or so at cruising speeds for fuel economy improvements. It also lowers in park (or maybe when shut off) for easier entry/exit.

Anyone pulling a trailer with an air ride equipped Ram? Are you using a WD hitch? How is the raising/lowering effecting the WD hitch?
3 REPLIES 3

ChooChooMan74
Explorer
Explorer
I am looking at the Ram 1500 with the VM Motori Diesel, too. I did a search, and the air suspension looks nice, and people have severely overloaded it without it going into protection mode. I will not be getting it as it is just more weight and more to go wrong.
Great American Anti-Towing Conspiracy
2015 Ram Truck 1500 Ecodiesel Tuned By Green Diesel
2006 Jeep Liberty CRD Tuned By Green Diesel (Retired to Daily Driver)
2015 Rockwood Roo 183
Stop on by and read my Camping Blogs
Nights Camped in 2015 - 19 and Winterized

ACDNate
Explorer
Explorer
camp-n-family wrote:
Don't know about the air ride but make sure you do the math before you buy. The 1500 diesels have very low payloads, some under 900lbs which makes them pretty useless to tow anything.

Thanks for your input. I'm aware of the capacity of the 1500 and it suits my needs.

camp-n-family
Explorer
Explorer
Don't know about the air ride but make sure you do the math before you buy. The 1500 diesels have very low payloads, some under 900lbs which makes them pretty useless to tow anything.
'17 Ram 2500 Crewcab Laramie CTD
'13 Keystone Bullet Premier 310BHPR
Hitched by Hensley